Lost almost all free to view channels on smart tv

Started by Justin nichols, September 22, 2021, 06:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin nichols

I have lost almost all free to view channels on my smart tv. I am uncertain as to why. The aerial is plugged in correctly, infact I have all channel 10 stations. They all have perfect reception aswell. Channel 9 channels, SBS, seven and ABC have disappeared. I have used auto scan. Have unplugged antenna scanned to find 0 channels then plugged in rescanned and still have only channel 10. Looking for frequencies for Bundaberg. Wide bay region. Queensland. Australia

TimC

When you use Autoscan, is the Skippa failing to find the missing channels or does it just find the Channel 10 set?

If the skippa is not finding the channels one trick you can try, if you have a friend in your area is getting all the channels, is to take the skippa to their place and do a scan, and then take it back to your place and see what happens. Sometimes the scans can't determine what is/isn't a channel when a signal is low, but once a scan is done with a good signal, will work ok with a poor one.

Also try looking at the signal strengths for the missing channels.
Menu > Settings > Channels > select a channel > press the yellow button.

That will give you an idea of the signal strength and quality the Skippa is seeing from your antenna.
You may need an TV signal booster for your antenna.

Regards Tim
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)