The Eagle - duration 0 minutes, no episode information

Started by prl, September 22, 2021, 05:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

"The Eagle: A Crime Odyssey"  SBS HD, 11:55pm, Fri, 24 Sep

is showing as 0 minutes duration in the ACT guide, on both the IceTV Web guide and in the Beyonwiz IceTV EPG.

This also causes an indirectly related crash of the Beyonwiz user interface when someone does MENU>IceTV>Show log.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

GaiO IceTV

Hi PRL,
Thanks for your note.  I've asked Dan to have a look at the issue and hopefully rectify asap.
Cheers Gai

prl

Thanks Gai.

I've also emailed Daniel and also let him know about another more technical problem with genres/categories in the IceTV data on Beyonwiz. The problem may not affect other IceTV-enabled PVRs.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Moreover I'm astonished that this series, coming from the same stable that produced Unit 1, and winner of an International Emmy, had not come to FTA Australian TV before now.

For those who are interested, all episodes and summaries of the three series are available at SBS On Demand.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on September 23, 2021, 10:43:58 AM
Moreover I'm astonished that this series, coming from the same stable that produced Unit 1, and winner of an International Emmy, had not come to FTA Australian TV before now.

You needn't be so surprised, because it has shown on Australian TV before. We watched it on FTA some time ago, and I agree that it was a great series.

I'm not sure why IceTV isn't flagging it as a repeat.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

GaiO IceTV

Hi All,
Just an update on this issue.  The problem with the timers is an SBS issue and Dan is in contact with them to correct (without success so far).  Also the series is marked as a repeat as originally shown in 2008.
Cheers Gai

prl

Hi Gail, thanks for the update.

The Eagle doesn't seem to be marked as a repeat in the ACT IceTV guide.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

GaiO IceTV

Thanks PRL
For some reason ACT guide showing differently to rest of country but now marked repeat.
Cheers Gai

prl

Thanks, Gai.

Tonight's episode of The Eagle is now showing a sensible time, and so are the episodes tomorrow night. They are also now showing episode names, which wasn't showing for tonight's episode before the fix.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

The fix to the The Eahle EPG entry has also stopped the crashing when Beyonwiz users do MENU>IceTV>Show log.

To ensure that the crash doesn't happen on old log information, restarting the Beyonwiz at a convenient time should clear the log of an problematic entries.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use