Ice TV Support, notifications of failed timers

Started by Chrilynn2, September 04, 2021, 12:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

No need to resend them as they are new ones that haven't been set before (I hope) - just get the IceTV plugin to refresh timers to save waiting

prl

Quote from: Chrilynn2 on September 04, 2021, 03:42:09 PM
I guess I need to redo them in Ice, and resend them.

I don't think that you'll specifically need to resend them on the IceTV side, but you'll need to do a fetch on the Beyonwiz if you want to see the effect there straight away, of course.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Chrilynn2

I've just completed resetting the Saturday to Monday timers individually, and resent them.
So far, so good.
They are now showing on T2 timers, and no Ice clash notices, as yet.
Thank you for all the suggestions, and assistance.
Why the clashes occurred in the first place remains a mystery.
Hopefully it was a one off glitch.
Fingers crossed.

prl

I really strongly recommend that you do a settings backup on your Beyonwiz immediately before doing a firmware upgrade from USB, and restore it after the upgrade, unless there's a note in the release notes saying not to restore settings.

Doing that will ensure that the Beyonwiz and the IceTV server will be in sync with their views of which timers have already been sent to the Beyonwiz.

If the release notes for the Beyonwiz update say to not restore settings, do a "resend all" on the IceTV server as I described earlier after you've finished setting the Beyonwiz up.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Chrilynn2

Thank you Peter, I will.
I'd resisted doing restore from backup as there had been a few warnings in previous firmware upgrades, not to.
Clearly it's not an issue, unless there is a warning for a particular upgrade.

prl

Quote from: Chrilynn2 on September 04, 2021, 05:00:47 PM
I'd resisted doing restore from backup as there had been a few warnings in previous firmware upgrades, not to.
Clearly it's not an issue, unless there is a warning for a particular upgrade.

That's correct, where there are warnings about not restoring settings, they apply only to that upgrade. If there's no warning about not restoring settings, then you can assume that restoring settings is OK.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use