Strange season/episode numbers for Escape to the Country

Started by prl, March 17, 2021, 10:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

From the IceTV TV Guide Web page entry (ACT guide):
Escape To The Country, 'Leicestershire - Jules Hudson - Finding A Rural Home Close To Family', 7TWO on Prime, 7:30pm, Sun, 21 Mar ... Series ... Season -1 Episode -1

When I look at the guide JSON that's sent to my test Beyonwiz V2, the entry for that episode of Escape to the Country has "part_of_series": "Yes", "series_id": "23239", "episode_id": "344457", but no "season" or "episode-num" fields.

I can check the rest of the JSON to see if there are any other shows that are like that.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

According to the BBC, that episode of Escape seems to be s09E38 (of 70 episodes in the series). https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0004hc6
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

In the current ACT IceGuide, the Escape episodes Wiltshire S23/E38, Northamptonshire S23/E50, Shropshire - S25 / E8, Northamptonshire S23/E50 have the season/episode in their subtitles, but not separate season/episode information shown in the show metadata in the Web guide. The Shropshire subtitle also has extraneous spaces in the season/episode string.

The Escape episode North Devon has no season/episode data in the subtitle, but shows Season 26 Episode 17 in the show metadata in the guide Web page.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Since all the other episodes of Escape are from S23 & S25 and are marked as repeats, and Escape To The Country, 'Leicestershire', is from Season 19, is the Leicestershire episode in fact a repeat?

The series numbering here is a bit of a mystery to me, though. IMDb only has season numbers up to 22 (and 21 is missing), and TheTVDB only has season numbers up to 21, but IceTV goes up to season 25 in the current guide.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Escape To The Country, 'Leicestershire' is still showing Season -1, Episode -1.

Escape To The Country 'Norfolk S23/E52' is another episode added since I first posted where there is a season/episode in the subtitle, but no explicit season/episode metadata is shown in the Web TV Guide (ACT region).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

paullings

7Two has recently been showing multiple episodes of Escape to the Country a week however most of the episodes have incorrect Series/Episode numbering, Repeat status and program information. Can you have a look at this please.

paullings

Looking at this a bit closer. The episode that aired at 9:30 on 21st August showed episode information as

Dorset  S23/E20 [R] (S23E20)
Sick of the city rat race and the rats running the city, these punters are in the market for a country cottage which gives them the peace and privacy they crave in beautiful surroundings. Will they find their country haven and how will they adjust to their paradise when they do?

but according to TVDB is Series 17 Episode 1 with a description of

Dorset

Sonali Shah is down on the Dorset coast with a couple who are hoping to find literary inspiration and some seaside serenity for their £500,000 budget. Whilst in the region, Sonali meets a pair of printmakers already taking influence from the county's rural splendour for their beautiful handcrafted designs.

TVDB and the BBC website are showing the current series as Series 21 although ICETV is showing series numbering up to 27.
And on 7plus they are showing Seasons 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26 and 27.
Season 26 on 7plus is actually Season 19 on TVDB.

All a bit too confusing. :o

paullings

This is the reply back from 7 Digital Support Team

Thank you for contacting 7plus support.
For Escape to the Country, the story-line in the episodes don't connect with each other.
In 7plus, we upload the episodes in order that is followed by our distributors.
I have flagged this with 7plus content team, to review for any changes.