RFDS Set to record - did not record - It's Bigger than that

Started by Allan, August 14, 2021, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

RFDS shows up in phone and TV to record last Wednesday but it didn't happen. There were NO others shows to recoed at that time and NO errors.
Its a new show.
Why didn't it record and will it fail again?
Actually NO shows have recorded since Monday 9/8
I am getting fed up with the system.
After the last occurence of this happening, I reset the Humax and all went well until Wednesday.
I waht a positive result and not someone blaiming the Humax when its your app running on the Humax.
I've only had the Humax for about 2 1/2 years. You can't tell me that that's all I can expect of todays technology.

MD

Hi Allan,

When you say you reset the Humax was that an "off - on" reset or a proper factory reset?  If the former I can only suggest you do a proper factory reset as the Humax HDR3000T (2Tune) PVRs are notorious for frequently needing them as the chipset runs out of memory because the box keeps Netflix permanently in memory so as to instantly open it from the Netflix button on the remote control,  which is simply beyond the capacity of the PVR (which is also why IceTV stopped selling them but that doesn't help you and, of course, gets us back to blaming Humax not IceTV).

Here is how to do it:

* Home - Up Arrow
* Settings (top right of TV Screen) - OK
* System Settings
* Factory Default
* Reset All Settings (NOT & Format HDD or you'll delete your recordings).
* After the reset check its default padding settings, if they are as you had previously set them (we advise +20 and -1 minutes) then quit the setup and leave the Humax to login to IceTV and pick up its recording schedule in the next 15 minutes.
* Finally log in to your IceTV account on our website and go to My Account - My recorders, choose the PVR "Settings" then choose "Resend all recordings for this device".
* After 15 minutes the 2Tune should have logged into IceTV's servers and downloaded the recording instructions correctly. Please check the Humax recording schedule and the IceTV app or website to ensure its recordings have been set.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
* ONLY If the padding has changed to zero continue as follows.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Set the EPG in the 2tune to the standard EPG
* Set the padding to at least +20 minutes and at least -1 minute
* Finish the reset setup
* My Recorders - Settings
* Resend all recordings for this device
* Change the 2Tune EPG setting to IceTV EPG
* Quit the setup and wait 15 minute for the IceTV recordings to be set via the IceTV servers.
* After 15 minutes the 2Tune should have logged into IceTV's servers and downloaded the recording instructions correctly. Please check the Humax recording schedule and the IceTV app or website to ensure its recordings have been set.

That should enable all the recordings from IceTV to be set correctly with padding.

Allan

Hello MD

Proper factory reset

I am sick of doing resets. Last one 4-6 weeks ago and about 6 months before that.

Can we remove Netflix or stop it as we use the TV or laptop (as a backup) for Netflix.

We only use Humax now for recording and playback of TV or watching live TV.

I'm happy to remove all apps.

--------------------
Okay I have done part 2 of your setup hoping that the change of EPG and the clearing of the programs to record etc may have an effect.  Well, NO
If we go to manually record a show it won't allow saving the record setting.

I will reset the whole bloody thing tomorrow, again.

Can you give me contact details of someone at Humax to remove, dissable or whatever the apps. This was a costly exercise as I will probably have to throw away the Humax as it seems to be a load of s***.  I guess I have no comeback as it is well out of warranty, but it's failing to operate is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

Allan