Olympics: Tokyo 2020

Started by raymondjpg, July 22, 2021, 10:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Is there any way that the IceTV team will be able to pick out a daily highlights package from the marathon Olympics: Tokyo 2020 broadcasts? From a quick glance the published 7 schedules and FTA EPG don't appear to be much help.

At this stage the best bet might be to just record the Overnight Session.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

The FTA EPG shows 7 is listing the overnight package 12.00-3.00 am as "Highlights of day..." and in the case of 7mate the 12.00-1.00 am slot as "A recap of the best events from...".

From the early morning broadcast on 29 July, IceTV has applied the repeat flag to the overnight package on 7, but not to the 7mate 12.00-1.00 am slot.

You could argue one way or another that the repeat flag is appropriate. Personally I don't think that it is, but IceTV subscribers may need to adjust their timers to allow first runs and repeats if they are not to miss any highlights sessions.

Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Jennifer

Hi Raymond,

Work on Olympic coverage is an ongoing process with so many different sessions across all channels. 29 July is due to be corrected today.

Cheers
Jennifer
Guide Team
IceTV Guide Team

grampus

I got a little confused with all the different channels showing the same thing, or similar.

But I just wonder if ch7 are spreading it over HD and SD channels to satisfy all display capabilities.

For mine I think I'm accepting it all, and just doing a lot of disk space maintenance.
BeyonWiz, T3