New integrated MCE ice loader is great!

Started by Shane, July 22, 2005, 08:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

I'm lucky I happened to check the ice website as I didn't realise a new MCE guide loader had been released. And what a fantastic release! ;D Now integrated into MCE as an "official" guide download, no more hacks required, batch files, security changes etc... congratulations!

Any words on how you did it? Did you get help from Microsoft to do it?

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

pvogel

Hi Shane,

The new MCE support was officially announced just this Wednesday.  All our MCE customers will be advised about it by email shortly.

I'm pleased it worked as intended for you!  Please feel free to spread the news in other forums.

We are having ongoing discussions with Microsoft and we will let our customers know if and when we conclude any official relationship.

Best regards

Peter Vogel
CTO IceTV

Shane

Peter (& ice team),

As I stated before, this integrated guide is great.

I would like to know - does this new integrated guide tie your account to one machine only?

The reason I ask, I have my main Media Centre PC in the living room, and I also have one as my "work" PC in the study. This gives me a backup tuner if I ever need to record another show and my living room MCE PC's tuners are used up, and also gives me a TV in the study (which is also our spare bedroom for guests).

When I setup the new guide on both machines I entered my username & password and all worked fine. At somepoint overnight they both updated and both only downloaded "ABC (Sample)" and I lost all of my guide data for my channels. I have had to re-run the setup on them to get them working again, but I am concerned the guide loading will fail again (I guess they are losing my account details?) and I will lose my guide data again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shane.
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

pvogel

Your are correct - at the moment only one ID is supported.  We are working on allowing two machines on the one account.  In the meantime, I suggest you sign up your second machine on a 14 day free trial.  Dual machine supprt will be available before your 14 days runs out.

Peter

Shane

Two more things (I didn't want to tie this all into one message).

1. I have found that whilst the categories are now working to filter the guide data from within MCE's MyTV "Search" section, when I go to record a Movie it is being detected as a Series rather than a once off program. Actually every show is now coming up as a Series.

I don't believe this is how MCE works in "supported" countries and wanted to get your thoughts on this. I know BJReplay got some way in handling the difference between Series and non-series.

2. I haven't tested this yet, but have you been able to solve the issue with the "red dot" disappearing from single-set recordings? What would happen is that you would set a single show to record and it would stay there until the next guide reload, where it would disappear. Series-set recordings would stay.

Thanks,
Shane.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Shane,

Thanks for letting us know.

We will be doing some more testing to try and overcome these issues.

Regards,

Daniel.
IceTV Support Team.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

There have been updates tonight for iceguide4mce.

The details can be found http://www.icetv.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=70.0

Cheers,

Daniel.
IceTV Support Team.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Shane

QuoteYour are correct - at the moment only one ID is supported.  We are working on allowing two machines on the one account.  In the meantime, I suggest you sign up your second machine on a 14 day free trial.  Dual machine supprt will be available before your 14 days runs out.

Peter

Peter,

Is there any word if this has been fixed? My trial is about to run out.

Thanks,
Shane.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Shane,

Yes, this has been resolved.

You can now register up to three MCE devices under the one account.

Cheers,

Daniel.
IceTV Support Team.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.