The Blacklist has been running late

Started by prl, June 01, 2021, 02:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

The last two episodes of The Blacklist (Sundays 23 May and 30 May, 23:40 on Prime7 Canberra) have started about 30 minutes later than scheduled (both as in the IceTV EPG and on yourtv.com.au). This has meant that with my 25 min post-padding, I've missed the ends of both episodes.

There isn't anything obvious that would be causing the overrun on next Sunday's showing (like a "reality" TV show earlier in the evening).

Is this happening in other regions, too?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

I notived this also, Peter. Fortunately on my Beyonwiz U4 I have 60 post padding; Sunday night I had a good margin, the week before it was very close thing.

I think there was a "news special" on 7HD Melbourne on Sunday night ... such things usually stuff things up completely.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

Quote from: IanL-S on June 02, 2021, 08:44:36 AM
I think there was a "news special" on 7HD Melbourne on Sunday night ... such things usually stuff things up completely.

It may be the same this coming Sunday, with: 7NEWS Spotlight: Ride of Your Life, Prime Canberra/Prime7 HD, 7:00pm, Sun, 6 Jun 2021, 75 minutes
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Prime7 HD seem to have solved the problem by (at least this Sunday) dropping The Blacklist in favour of a movie (The Commuter).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

IanL-S

My T2 is still showing an episode for Monday morning in Melbourne, after the Movie The Commuter:
The Blacklist, 'The Wellstone Agency' 7HD, 12:40am, Mon, 7 Jun 2021, 80 minutes

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

prl

Maybe it's an ACT thing. When I do a search for "title:blacklist" in the IceTV ACT guide, I get: "There are no matching shows currently scheduled."

The timeslot after The Commuter in the IceGuide for the ACT is Home Shopping. yourtv.com.au for the ACT concurs, showing Brand Developers - Tiva Heater then DanOz Direct - H2O HD following The Commuter.

My mind boggles trying to imagine what H2O HD might be.

The Canberra Times weekly printed TV guide also shows Home Shopping following The Commuter.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: prl on June 05, 2021, 06:14:15 PM
My mind boggles trying to imagine what H2O HD might be.

Professor Google tells me that it's a steam mop. Now my mind is boggled by the fact that it's apparently possible to have a half-hour program about a steam mop.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

IanL-S

Checked serveal guides, and there is still an epoisode on early Monday morning in Melbourne.

Ian
Synology NAS

prl

I rechecked IceTV and yourtv.com.au for the ACT, and today's Canberra Times printed guide (which shows programs for early Monday morning) and all they still show The Commuter followed directly by home shopping shows starting at 01:00 Monday morning.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

IanL-S

This is potentially messy for IceTV in keeping track of when the episode has had its first showing. Did congirmation checking, and it is 12:40am according to The Age, and online program guides.

Ian
Synology NAS

IanL-S

It was on in Melboure early Monday morning. Did not appear to be running excessively early or late.

Ian
Synology NAS

prl

The Blacklist is back in the Prime7 Canberra/Prime7 HD Sunday lineup with the episode 'Ogden Greeley', Prime having decided to just drop 'The Wellstone Agency' & 'Chemical Mary', the latter so they could show back-to-back screenings of the same movie.  ::)

The ACT IceGuide, Prime7's online EPG and yourtv.com.au are all showing The Blacklist starting at 11:35 Sun 20 Jun, but they're still showing 7NEWS Spotlight earlier in the evening, so who knows what that will do to the actual screening times.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Last night's Blacklist ran late, but not so late that my 25 min padding didn't cope.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

IanL-S

I think it also ran late in Melbourne - but my 40 minutes pre padding left plenty of margin for safety.

Ian
Synology NAS

prl

According to the start mark in the recording, it started ~15 minutes late in Canberra, and the start mark was pretty close to the actual start.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use