Is there an auto-boot feature for MCE Vista and ICEtv ?

Started by Butscut, October 15, 2007, 02:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butscut

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum as I have only have ICEtv for Vista MCE for a few days now.
Initial impressions are very good as the system provides me with a very inexpensive PVR, however, most PVR's can be programmed with the desired content and will automatically turn the unit on prior to the program starting.

Does anyone know if there is such a feature with Vista MCE, i.e auto boot up ? By way of background, I have a TV tuner with a power on feature that works very well when using the bundled software to record tv shows, however it has the limitation that I can not plan ahead as weekly TV listings, as from ICEtv, can not be integrated (to the best of my knowledge) with their software.

Any help that can be provided would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. ???

Garyvx

dgaust

Short answer is yes your computer will boot up from standby (not full power off) to record shows you have scheduled (if you are using Vista MCE).

But the link above should help you.

Butscut

Guys after a little mucking around, and following some advice from the links provided, I have set my system to boot up from a complete power down situation.
For those interested, I have a Compro T750 HDTV tuner card with a jumper connected to the power switch on the Mobo, which enables the PC to auto boot up when a recording is scheduled. Fortunately, I have just discovered (more by luck than judgement) that when the PC is off and a recording is scheduled in Vista Media Centre, a signal is sent to the mobo to boot up and the recording takes place as normal. Better still, when the recording ends the PC shuts down until the next recording is scheduled.
So many thanks to those who replyed to my query in this forum. Keep up the good work.

wfdonald

If you don't have that facility (the connection from TV card to motherboard) the next best thing is waking from Hibernation (which may work where a full startup doesn't). Check that the devices you need are working though (on mine the wireless network doesn't connect, but I don't need that to record tv).