4 shows failed to record so far tonight

Started by Allan, May 12, 2021, 09:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Hello

We had 5 shows to record tonight and so far 4 have failed.
7:30pm Travel tails 9HD
8:30pm Dr Dr 9HD
8:40pm Bull 10HD
We were watching Netflix while the above 3 Failed
9:30pm New Amsterdam 9HD came up on TV as a conflict with nothing listed. then changed channel to 9HD DID NOT RECORD

11:00pm The Enemy Within 9HD - I expect this won't record either

Recordings all stuffed up tonight.
Why, whats wrong?

Allan

IanL-S

I have seen this sort of thing caused by file system problem on Topfield PVRs. I would suspect it is a local issue rather than a problem at the IceTV end.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Allan

Quote from: IanL-S on May 12, 2021, 10:12:29 PM
I have seen this sort of thing caused by file system problem on Topfield PVRs. I would suspect it is a local issue rather than a problem at the IceTV end.

Ian
Hello Ian
We have a Humax and it has been running fine for ages, then suddenly this.
Allan

IanL-S

Hi Alan, I have no experience with Humax PVRs.

I assume you have checked that you can access and playback the content on the PVR. If not you should do so. To me it looks like a HDD related problem. I had such a problem last night. Just got a Beyonwiz V2, which only supports USB HDD. I eventually got it to be recognised via my USB 3 hub, but recordings did not happen. I had forgotten to turn on the power supply to the HUB and when it started recording two programs at once there was insufficient power and it disconnected.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Allan,

It does look like this is a hardware issue with the Humax.

For each of the recordings for that night our server got the correct 'running' and 'completed' messages from the Humax like it normally does but they arrived in the same second. This indicates that the Humax tried to start the recording but was either not able to tune into the channel, or could not write to the hard drive.

The first would also be to check to ensure that the hard drive isn't full, then try another recording on another channel to see if that works. Then as Ian has suggested you should try and playback other recordings to ensure that the hard drive is still available correctly.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Allan

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on May 13, 2021, 11:09:37 AM
Hi Allan,

It does look like this is a hardware issue with the Humax.

For each of the recordings for that night our server got the correct 'running' and 'completed' messages from the Humax like it normally does but they arrived in the same second. This indicates that the Humax tried to start the recording but was either not able to tune into the channel, or could not write to the hard drive.

The first would also be to check to ensure that the hard drive isn't full, then try another recording on another channel to see if that works. Then as Ian has suggested you should try and playback other recordings to ensure that the hard drive is still available correctly.

Hello Daniel

I can play recorded programs okay.
The last recording was 4 corners & F1 on Monday evening.
Everything after that has failed.
I tried to record what I was watching just then and it failed to start. When I pressed record a second time it said there was a conflict. It was correctly trying to record the same thing twice.

Before I sent you the above I thought I would pre-empt you by doing a power down and reboot.
Now it records manually.
I'll see how the auto recording goes tonight. I'll have to set something as we don't have anything set for tonight.

Thank you
Allan

Allan

This has started to happen again.
I have powered down the Humax and powered up again but haven't retested with a recording yet. Will do this afternoon.

Allan

Hello

The show recorded this afternoon, so hopefully it will keep working.
There seems to be an underlying issue though.

Allan

MD

Hi Allan,

If by powering it down you mean the simple "off-on" restart that may not be enough and the Humax "2Tune" may need a factory reset to sort it out.  It is done as follows and please note the check for padding as if the padding is lost it would have set the upcoming six days of IceTV recordings without any on its reset restart and would need its EPG cleared as described then the recordings resent with the padding set correctly first.

Humax HDR3000T (2Tune) factory reset:

* Home - Up Arrow
* Settings (top right of TV Screen) - OK
* System Settings
* Factory Default
* Reset All Settings (NOT & Format HDD or you'll delete your recordings).
* After the reset check its default padding settings, if they are as you had previously set them (we advise +20 and -1 minutes) then quit the setup and leave the Humax to login to IceTV and pick up its recording schedule in the next 15 minutes.

* ONLY If the padding has changed to zero continue as follows.
* Set the EPG in the 2tune to the standard EPG
* Set the padding to at least +20 minutes and at least -1 minute
* Finish the reset setup
* My Recorders - Settings
* Resend all recordings for this device
* Change the 2Tune EPG setting to IceTV EPG
* Quit the setup and wait 15 minute for the IceTV recordings to be set via the IceTV servers.
* After 15 minute check the Humax recording schedule and the IceTV app or website to ensure its recordings have been set

That should enable all the recordings from IceTV to be set correctly with padding.