Minor problem with "Reschedule recording on"

Started by prl, April 23, 2021, 06:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I had to sort out a tuner collision problem this evening, and wheh I went to reschedule it, I noticed that the "Reschedule recording on" link said just that, rather than the "Reschedule recording on RecorderName" that I'd expect, in the same way that the "Remove episode", "Remove Series Recording" and "Update series recotrding give the name of the recorder.

However, clicking on the link did what I wanted it to... or almost.

It sent a new update for the recording that had the conflict error, but I'd also deleted an episode to accommodate the failed recording. When the next fetch happened, the resent recording (the one that had the conflict error) was sent before the "forget" command for the deleted recording, which meant that the same tuner conflict occurred. The Beyonwiz IceTV plugin processes timer updates in the order that they appear in the JSON.

I rescheduled the failed recording again, and this time it succeeded, because the removed episode had now been removed on the PVR.

Would it be possible to order the updates in the JSON so that "forget" updates are placed before "record" entries, to avoid this issue?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: prl on April 23, 2021, 06:35:55 PM
Would it be possible to order the updates in the JSON so that "forget" updates are placed before "record" entries, to avoid this issue?

Four years ago there was a change made to order it as above - http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/beyonwiz/17/icetv-doesnt-list-timer-deletions-before-timer-addupdate/5614/
Perhaps it was undone in the "great re-write"?

prl

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on April 24, 2021, 10:34:53 AM
Quote from: prl on April 23, 2021, 06:35:55 PM

Four years ago there was a change made to order it as above - http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/beyonwiz/17/icetv-doesnt-list-timer-deletions-before-timer-addupdate/5614/
Perhaps it was undone in the "great re-write"?

The Beyonwiz IceTV plugin processes timers in the order that they are in the JSON file, and the IceTV log clearly shows the update to the conflicted show being processed before the other timer is deleted. A timer conflict error was sent back to IceTV, because of that ordering. When I rescheduled the failed recording a second time and synced, the failed recording succeeded because the removal of the timer had been done in the previous sync.

If the JSON file was once ordered as deletions, then new recordings and updates, that no longer seems to be the case.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing