Keyword selection NOT working

Started by BazzaG, March 26, 2021, 12:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

I have the following Keyword selection defined:

series:Vera episode:"Natural Selection" episode:"Dark Angel" episode:"Broken Promise" episode:"The Blanket Mire" repeat:yes

Vera is on tonight and we have as listed in the IceTV Guide:

Vera

'Natural Selection'

ABC TV HD, 8:33pm, Fri, 26 Mar 2021, 91 minutes

REPEAT

DCI Vera Stanhope is drawn into a suspicious death on Ternstone, a remote and inaccessible island off the coast of Northumberland.

Brenda Blethyn, David Leon

Series, 2017, United Kingdom, English, Drama, Crime, Season 7 Episode 1

Recording Options

View Upcoming Episodes
Add Favourite
Schedule New Recording

However, at the time of this post this episode is *NOT* currently selected for recording.

Of course I could manually select it for recording but I shouldn't have to.

MD

Hi BazzaG,

As using Keywords for series recordings is not really what they were designed for so why not simply set Vera via the usual TV Guide on the app or website selecting "Schedule new Recording"  - "Record" and choose "First runs and Repeats"? As Vera is a repeat it will get recorded.  Keywords are really for a "Keyword" such a a genre, actor, director, or subject of interest such a "gardening", "Sailing" etc.

Am I missing something?

BazzaG

Quote from: MD on March 26, 2021, 07:56:21 AM
As using Keywords for series recordings is not really what they were designed for ...

Then why have them at all?

I don't think its unreasonable for me or any other IceTV paying user to expect IceTV to work most of the time and selecting TV shows based on the title, the episode name, the season number, the episode number, etc. etc. is something that I would expect from a service such as IceTV.

The series name and episode name are allowable keywords and as such they should work. There's obviously a bug in the "system" that NEEDS to be fixed.

Quote from: MD on March 26, 2021, 07:56:21 AM
Am I missing something?

Yep sure am, I already have most of Vera recorded but have a few episodes of "poorer" quality, the 4 season 7 episodes are such episodes. The ABC has been repeating Vera since November 2020. Do you expect me to record every episode since then when I only need to replace a few on them? Again this what keyword selection criteria can be used for .... to filter out the shows that I don't want and select those that I do.

I've also added this keyword selection:

title:"What The Hell Just Happened" repeat:no

to select a NEW series that will be on Ten on Monday week.

I've done so, since almost all "new" shows are rarely added to the "New Series" list, even after I & others have posted about them in "New Shows" thread ... which is why I have personally given up bothering to post ... I'm just wasting my time doing so.

There's a reasonable chance that I would forget to add a recording tag to the show when it does eventually appear in the IceTV guide.

MD

Maybe what you are missing is that we are a small company with limited resources who have been working seven days to update our ancient legacy guide systems , and have no time to fix an obscure bug that <001% of our customers complain about.

It is in the to-do list and will get fixed when we have the time, but my staff can't just jump to every obscure forum request.

In the meantime please don't stop posting New Series shows that should be listed as, contrary to your comments, we do use them but, humans being fallible, maybe we missed some of yours (not single ep shows such as single airing documentaries as they aren't in New Series).

Regarding "Vera", if it wasn't airing at the time and you had searched for it via the website search bar its previous series will be found and you can simply choose one of those to set the series recording, and if it it set for first runs and repeats as I suggested it will always record, as it should.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: BazzaG on March 26, 2021, 12:48:07 AM
I have the following Keyword selection defined:

series:Vera episode:"Natural Selection" episode:"Dark Angel" episode:"Broken Promise" episode:"The Blanket Mire" repeat:yes

Hi BazzaG,

This particular keyword will never actually work, advanced keywords like this join the different tags using 'AND' so as you have multiple episode entries its not going to match anything.

If you are looking to get specific episodes like this they would need to be set as a separate keyword for each episode.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.