LCN for HD Channels

Started by blackpaw, June 09, 2007, 03:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackpaw

When I pull down the XML data for brisbane the HD channels only have "display-name" and "region-name" set, ie.

<channel id="81">
      <display-name>ABC HD</display-name>
      <region-name>Brisbane</region-name>
      <lcn>0</lcn>
    </channel>

The SD channels have the full set of info, e.g:

<channel id="15">
      <display-name>ABC</display-name>
      <region-name>Brisbane</region-name>
      <service-id>577</service-id>
      <transport-stream-id>577</transport-stream-id>
      <original-network-id>4112</original-network-id>
      <lcn>2</lcn>
   </channel>

Is there some download option for get all HD channel values?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Upon checking this out it looks like its only the XMLTV feed that is affected, I have had a bug added to our system to have it resolved.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

markb

Quote from: Daniel Hall on June 12, 2007, 01:58:43 PM
Upon checking this out it looks like its only the XMLTV feed that is affected, I have had a bug added to our system to have it resolved.

It's always been like that Daniel. I have my own script which pulls down and parses the ICE xml file and at present I filter on HD channels by the fact that their LCN=0. Possibly other parsers do this as well? So can you please at least keep some identifier/attribute on the channel element to discriminate HD channels? Thanks.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Ill pass that along to the dev team, definitely the LCN should be an accurate reflection of what LCN the channel is on.

At the moment the only thing that I can see to filter on would be that all HD channels would have "HD" in the display-name field. But I will see what the dev guys say.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

blackpaw

Quote from: Daniel Hall on June 12, 2007, 01:58:43 PM

Thanks Daniel.

markb

Quote from: Daniel Hall on June 12, 2007, 03:15:35 PM
... definitely the LCN should be an accurate reflection of what LCN the channel is on.

Agreed.

At the moment the only thing that I can see to filter on would be that all HD channels would have "HD" in the display-name field. But I will see what the dev guys say.

Yes of course. For other reasons that is actually a better way for me to filter so I have changed my parser to do it this way. So please ignore my request above.