Failure to schedule programs on Topfield 7100+

Started by IanL-S, February 17, 2021, 12:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

In the last 24 to 48 hours I have has muiltiple failures to shcedule recodings on my 7100+. Normally when I get error message TASK_MSG_INVALID_SERVICE in an failure email the time is ultimately scheduled, but this did not happen in many instances. Examples include (on both units):

War Of The Worlds Episodes 1 to 4, Sunday, February 21 SBSHD

Antiques Roadshow, 'Floors Castle 1'ABC TV HD, 6:00pm, Sun, 21 Feb 2021

Who Do You Think You Are? UK 'Katherine Ryan' SBS HD, 8:30pm, Fri, 19 Feb 2021

Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films Horror And Sci-Fi' SBS VICELAND HD, 9:20pm, Thu, 18 Feb 2021

Michael Palin: Travels Of A Lifetime 'Series 1, Episode 2' SBS HD, 8:30pm, Wed, 17 Feb 2021

As far as I can work out it only happens with 7100+, not the 2400 or any of my Beyonwiz.

It is extreamly tedious having to manually resend the recordings,

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

I can confirm that the recordings we have in common, Antiques Roadshow and Who Do You Think You Are? UK have set recordings on our Beyonwiz T4. ACT region.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

Those two are also properly scheduled on my U4 and T2.

I can only conclude that there is some sort of misconfiguration of the server settings for the 7100+.

I have received 31+ failure emails since 1.00 am on Tuesday; 4 of them were failure to reschedule the failed timers. For Michael Palin: Travels Of A Lifetime 'Series 1, Episode 2' SBS HD, 8:30pm, Wed, 17 Feb 2021 there is a claimed timer conflict, and for Antiques Roadshow, 'Floors Castle 1'ABC TV HD, 6:00pm, Sun, 21 Feb 2021 it reports TASK_MSG_INVALID_SERVICE.

I have rebooted both units, and resent the timers (again). Hopefully it will work this time. UPDATE It did not work!

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

IanL-S

Just checked both 7100+ and:

Michael Palin: Travels Of A Lifetime 'Series 1, Episode 2'
Antiques Roadshow 'Floors Castle 1' ABC TV HD, 6:00pm, Sun, 21 Feb 2021, 60 minutes

Are scheduled. It is possible that I manually scheduled them last night when I noticed they were not scheduled. I also had to manually schedule NCIS and NCIS LA on one of the 7100+ last night. At least one of the two was scheduled on the other 7100+. So many problems lately it is hard to remember what they were.
Ian
Synology NAS

prl

OT: I was hoping that the SBS repeats of War of the Worlds season 1 might mean that season 2 is in the pipeline, but IMDb says that S02 is still in production. However Wikipedia says that S02 finished filming in Oct 2020, so maybe there's still hope that the new season is on its way.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Ian,

It looks like the "TASK_MSG_INVALID_SERVICE" is not being returned correctly from the Topfield, it should indicate that the channel is missing, but it must be a catch all error.

At the moment each of these errors on your account are all for airings where a new timer was created and set afterwards. We are working on ironing out all of the issues with our new guide system and we are seeing more updates than previously in the guide feed throughout the week. While updates to timers work much better on newer PVR's like the Beyonwiz, the older Topfield's can sometimes not handle these well at all, we do have some workarounds in place to try and account for these issues but the amount of changes within the week (and also now that we are getting better start and end times for ABC in particular) can cause these issues to show up more often and also lead to more conflicts.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

IanL-S

Daniel, thanks for the response. I am sure that you are correct when you say that part of the explanation is the way Toppys deal with changes to scheduled times.

I will wait and see if the issue settels down.

Thanks

Ian
Synology NAS