Random recordings on the device of shows i dont even watch

Started by aeb001, February 01, 2021, 04:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeb001

Posted to forum as per @MD's request

HI Daniel,

Because of the missed recordings I told you about early last week I've been checking the device itself against the apps recording list each afternoon.

Chicago PD is a series recording of mine in IceTV but was not on the device so i had to manually set it on the device even though it was in the app & webpage guides as set to record.

Oddly "Tennis: Melbourne Summer Series" appeared as one of my chosen recordings but wasn't on the app or website (I has not set this & didn't want it) in my upcoming recordings

Then again late last night I spotted "The Simpsons - 'Mad About The Toy' - 7flix, 7:00pm, Mon, 1 Feb 2021, 30 minutes" was going to record yet it too was not showing on the app or website in my upcoming recordings either.

I manually deleted both.

As i go to post this two new oddities have occured on the device but are NOT on the app or website listings for my recordings

Modern Family - 'Baby Steps' - 7flix, 8:00pm, Tue, 2 Feb 2021, 30 minutes < is currently in the devices recording queue & i've not manually deleted it as yet.
Modern Family - 'Finale Part 1' - 7flix, 4:30pm, Thur, 4 Feb 2021, 30 minutes < this particular airing doesnt even appear in the online guide yet its set to record on my device????????

Some really weird stuff happening here

Adrian
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

aeb001

@Daniel Hall at IceTV I havent heard back from you as yet if you wanted any details from the device.

Modern Family - 'Baby Steps' - 7flix, 8:00pm, Tue, 2 Feb 2021, 30 minutes < is currently in the devices recording queue & i've not manually deleted it as yet.
Modern Family - 'Finale Part 1' - 7flix, 8:00pm, Wed, 3 Feb 2021, 30 minutes < is currently in the devices recording queue & i've not manually deleted it as yet. < this one has appeared today
Modern Family - 'Finale Part 1' - 7flix, 4:30pm, Thur, 4 Feb 2021, 30 minutes < this particular airing doesnt even appear in the online guide yet its set to record on my device???????? < has now disappeared
Adrian

aeb001

Hi team, as i did not hear from anyone I had to stop the tuesday recording.

Other users, are any of you gettign random recordings on your devices that are not in your app or website guide?
Adrian

BazzaG

Quote from: aeb001 on February 02, 2021, 11:33:49 PM
Other users, are any of you getting random recordings on your devices that are not in your app or website guide?

I presume you mean has "IceTV" added a recording for a show that you DON'T have a selection request defined? If so, then yes ... see attached pic.

In my case, "Bananas in Pyjamas". Never tried to record even a single episode.

Also, note the double entry for "Ready, Steady, Wiggle!" which I do have a request to record (my granddaughter can't get enough of the Wiggles!!!).

I've had a number double entries for this show appear in "My Week" on a number of occasions over the last few weeks (the start & end time differ by 1 min, ie. 12:15 -> 12:45 in 1 and 12:16 -> 12:46 in the other).

Normally I get 2 timers created on my U4, however, this time no timers were created and when I deleted "Bananas in Pyjamas", doing so also deleted BOTH "Ready, Steady, Wiggle!" requests (not a problem since I already have a recording for that episode).

So far this is the only phantom recording I've experienced.

csutak40

Quote from: BazzaG on February 03, 2021, 12:44:50 AM

I've had a number double entries for this show appear in "My Week" on a number of occasions over the last few weeks (the start & end time differ by 1 min, ie. 12:15 -> 12:45 in 1 and 12:16 -> 12:46 in the other).

This happens to me quite often.  It happened tonight with Adam Hill's the last leg.  There was a 1.01 minute difference in the end time and instead of one over writing the other a new timer was created
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

aeb001

Daniel I cant just leave these recordings to keep recording without hearing from you.

Also without even being in the coming recordings list of a night, at some point in the morning after I leave for work the last 2 days iFish has recorded yesterday & today. You can add those to the list of random unscheduled recordings helping themself to my device
Adrian

MD

have you tried the following as no one else is reporting these problems with MCE:

First close the IceTV Interactive program by right-clicking on the IceTV icon on the bottom right of the screen near the time (It's a blue circle with a white X inside) then choosing Exit.
Open "Computer" from the start menu.
Select your hard drive from the list of drives available.
Open the "ProgramData" folder. If you do not see this folder you will need to turn on the showing of hidden files, follow these steps to do this:
Click on the "Organise" button in the bar at the top of the window.
Select "Folder and Search Options" from the menu.
Click on the "View" tab.
Place a dot in the box marked "Show hidden files and folders".
Click "OK".
You should now be able to see the "ProgramData" folder.
Open the "IceTV" folder.
Open the "Interactive" folder.
Open the "3.0" folder.
Delete all the files and the cache folder that are in the 3.0 folder.
Run IceTV Interactive again from the start menu.

If Windows pops up a message about file or folder permissions for IceTV Interactive just click on the option to allow IceTV Interactive to access it's folders.The message may be hiding behind the IceTV Interactive Window so minimise the Window to check for a message.

aeb001

@MD i've now just done that & theres now even more recordings set that werent there before doing so, on the device that there is on the app & website however these ones will interest you & daniel, as these are a show that i actually watch. the previous ones were shows i dont even watch just like @BazzaG mentioned with his instance.

All the ones that were repeats of actual genuine recordings that had manually been cancelled on the website over the last few days for thurs & sat have just appeared back on the device but remain deleted from the app / website and it's only happening on one show. All other manual deletions remain deleted at this moment. The following examples appeared AFTER doing as you suggested so its definitely a server side issue as they were not showing on the device prior to taking the suggested action.

Holey Moley Australia - 7HD, 10:30pm, Thu, 4 Feb 2021, 90 minutes - REPEAT (cut from website so it appeared the guide team updated that today from premiere) but still appears as a scheduled recording on the device.
Holey Moley Australia - 7flix, 2:30pm, Sat, 6 Feb 2021, 90 minutes - Premiere < was manually deleted on the website & remains so right this moment but on the device is scheduled to record
Holey Moley Australia - 7flix, 4:00pm, Sat, 6 Feb 2021, 90 minutes - Premiere < was manually deleted on the website & remains so right this moment but on the device is scheduled to record
Holey Moley Australia - 7flix, 5:30pm, Sat, 6 Feb 2021, 90 minutes - Premiere < was manually deleted on the website & remains so right this moment but on the device is scheduled to record
Holey Moley Australia - 7flix, 10:30pm, Sat, 6 Feb 2021, 90 minutes - Premiere < was manually deleted on the website & remains so right this moment but on the device is scheduled to record
Adrian

aeb001

ifish recorded again today eeven though it wasnt in the scheduled recordings when i repleid last night. Additionally i have double checked series recordings on the device just to double check that its not a device initiated recording.
Adrian