New user questions

Started by Flagpole, June 26, 2005, 10:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flagpole

G'day!

I've just signed up for IceTV and have a number of questions/suggestions:

1) Is it possible to see a list of scheduled recordings in separate window? Is this feature planned?

For example if I program Topfield to record programs a week ahead by using EPG I find that when I go back I can't see a little red R mark on the programs scheduled to record once I exit EPG after selecting the recordings. Not sure if that happens after puting Topfield into standby or when certain time elapse.  I would like to have a windows I can call up to be able to see the programs which are scheduled for recording instead of having to rely on my poor memory.

2) What is the best way to skip ads? Is it possible to program a button for 1 min skips or even a 3 min skips and another for 10sec jumpback?

At the moment I have to jump by 30sec lots then scroll back V-/V+ buttons back to the start of the program if it jumped too far forward.

3) Is is possible to jump a channel in EPG without  changing a channel in the top right window?

For example I want to continue watching the current program while surfing the EPG and scheduling programs for recording.

Flagpole

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Flagpole,

The red dots will generally stay on the programs until the Topfield is rebooted, unfortunately on the Topfield though once a recording is scheduled from the guide it becomes a manual recording (even though it gets the program name from the guide listing) and is not linked in any way to the guide. Having said that if you try and reschedule a show or schedule something for the same time it will pop-up with a warning to say there is another recording at that time and show the details of it. We are looking at ways around this shortcoming in future versions of our software for the Topfield.

The scheduled recordings can be shown on the Topfield by going into the Menu and choosing "System Settings" and then "Timer Settings". This list will only show the times that the recordings are scheduled for, but if you select them then the filename will list the show that the time refers to.

The fastest way to skip ads is by using the 30 sec skip button and then just going back a touch if you go too far.

As to the channel changing to reflect the EPG, Unfortunately I do not know of a way to stop this from happening, if you browse to a channel in the guide then the channel will change.

Regards,

Daniel.
IceTV Support Team.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Mantorok

Hey Flagpole,

For your 2nd question I would recommend ProgressBarKeys which you can find at http://members.westnet.com.au/web/acullen/topfield.htm.  It converts the red button to a 3 minute skip and the blue button to 10 second skip back.

It may even help you with your 1st question to a limited extent as it can display a list of timer programs in date/time order

kermit

Hi Flagpole,

if you haven't already, I suggest you jump on the Toppy OZ forum here:
http://www.topfield-australia.com.au/frm/default.asp

You'll find a great community with answers to all your questions plus the ones you haven't thought of.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

That is true, the Aus Topfield community is excellent and definately worth checking out.  :)

Daniel.
IceTV Support Team.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.