I'm A Celebrity Get Me out Of here

Started by lespato, January 19, 2021, 07:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lespato

It is showing Thursday and Friday at 1.00PM. I am sure this would be a repeat but it is not marked as such.

grumpy_geoff

This wasn't fixed for last Thu and Fri, and now this error continues onto this week.
Guide team - what gives?

MD

My apologies if IceTV appears to have "gone off the rails" over the last week. We are completing a total revamp of our legacy EPG ingestion, checking, curation, and aggregation software systems which, predictably, has thrown up a myriad of bugs even though we did thorough pre-release testing. It's been "all hands to the pumps" seven days a week and late into the evening for the last two weeks. Australia's lack of formal regulations regarding EPG data conformance to any standards, or lack of enforcement where there are any, with many sub-regions and our three time zones makes it an onerous task!  Nevertheless, if we hadn't completed the update that replaced a legacy system nearly 16 years old that was built for just 5 channels in those days then, in the end, there would have been no IceTV at all as the cost of its inefficiencies were becoming unsupportable.

Please bear with us for a few more days as we debug the new system .

IanL-S

MD, thanks for the detailed explanation of the task being undertaken.

From the many posts I get the impression that most users understand what is going on and are trying to assist rather than throw a hissy-fit.

Best wishes to you and all the team for your efforts.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: MD on January 23, 2021, 12:46:59 PM
Please bear with us for a few more days as we debug the new system .

On more attempt to have this fixed -
I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here
10 HD, 1:00pm, Tue, 26 Jan 2021, 120 minutes
- in Perth, is *not* marked as a repeat whereas it should be.  This is the same for the rest of the week's 1pm showings.
Spot checks appear to show the TEN network in WA is the only region in error.

Can the guide team please fix.

MD

Hi Geoff,

It's a public holiday as I'm sure you realise.  Give the team, especially Dan, a break and simply either press "delete" if it's been recorded or cancel the ep via the app or website.  It will probably be fixed tomorrow.

And yes, bear with us for a bit longer as we fix up the remaining bugs.

grumpy_geoff

This has been fixed now, thanks.
I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here
10 HD, 1:00pm, Tue, 26 Jan 2021, 120 minutes
ON NOW REPEAT
Australia's version of 'I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here', where Aussie celebs are off to put themselves to the ultimate test in deepest, darkest, Africa. Will they find the actual jungle harder to survive in than the urban jungle they occupy right here in Oz?
Julia Morris, Chris Brown
Series, Australia, English, Real Life, Adventure

@MD -
Each post reporting an error should receive a timely response from a member of the guide team along the lines of either "thanks for reporting this, it has been added to our list of entries that require fixing", or if able to be immediately addressed then "this has now been fixed".  Otherwise we have no idea whether the issue has been noted or not.
Stone cold radio silence doesn't help us - and it isn't great customer service, as I'm sure you'll agree.

aeb001

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on January 26, 2021, 04:46:55 PM
@MD -
Each post reporting an error should receive a timely response from a member of the guide team along the lines of either "thanks for reporting this, it has been added to our list of entries that require fixing", or if able to be immediately addressed then "this has now been fixed".  Otherwise we have no idea whether the issue has been noted or not.
Stone cold radio silence doesn't help us - and it isn't great customer service, as I'm sure you'll agree.

Geoff, many of my posts will go days with out any response & when I then add a follow up hello I finally get a response to most. Thank you for addressing this.
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

grumpy_geoff

I can't win - someone has reverted the fix for the 1pm showings.
Lucky for me this is the last week.

The below is very likely to be the repeat of tonight's premiere, obviously I'm just reporting this for correctness -
To Be Advised
10 HD, 1:00pm, Fri, 29 Jan 2021, 90 minutes
We will let you know when we do
Australia, English