Repeats and double ups

Started by csutak40, January 24, 2021, 01:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiphanee

Busted in Bangkok has now been fixed for tonight. You should see the change reflected shortly.

Have also fixed Silent Witness on 9Gem, and that will come through soon.

Cheers,

Tiphanee

Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Thanks, Tiphanne. Neither has worked its way through yet, but I'll let you know when they have.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Hi Tiphanee. Your fixes for the Silent Witness and Busted in Bangkok repeats have filtered through for me niw.

Thanks again.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

BazzaG

I think this thread has morphed into a constantly growing thread about TV shows that have incorrect NEW / REPEAT status from the duplicates problem that had been reported earlier.

Well, I'll add to that ever growing list:

"Why Are You Like This"

Tuesday February 16th - TVPLus

Episode One: Marked as a REPEAT
Episode Two: Marked as NEW

Wednesday February 17th - ABC SD/HD

Episode One: Marked as NEW
Episode Two: Marked as NEW

Obviously Episode 1 on Tuesday night should be NEW & the 2 episodes on Wednesday should be REPEATs.

In this case, IceTV *matches* whats shown on the ABC EPG ... perhaps someone at IceTV should contact the ABC and ask 'em to get their act together.

GaiO IceTV

Hi BazzaG,
I've had a look at this one this morning and not sure why ABC have marked as they have.  I have corrected repeat flags and this should flow through shortly for 16th, 17th.  Also Ep 3 scheduled 23 and 24 same issue now corrected.  Unfortunately, contacting ABC seems to fall on very deaf ears!
Have a good day
Cheers Gai

aeb001

The Children's Hospital - 'Series 2, Episode 1' - 10 HD, 11:00pm, Sat, 13 Feb 2021, 30 minutes - this should be marked repeat as it aired in december @tiphanee
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

csutak40

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on January 26, 2021, 01:58:04 AM

"Adam Hills: The Last Leg" are set for different days, only 1 timer for each -

I know that we have been told that just because our posts of double ups/repeats aren't acknowledged they are noted.
I am not convinced.  There are quite a few shows that gets repeated at least twice a week and that we have mentioned here at least once, but it has never been corrected
Adam Hills is one of those.  It is scheduled to record both on Tuesday and Wednesday, Wednesday being a repeat.
Last week  Hughesy we have a problem got repeated as well
I just noticed as well (as the guests are shown this time) that The Late Show with James Corden is scheduled Tuesday night then Wednesday  Morning (4 hours later)  Oh, and the same is true the next day and possibly Friday (it only has a generic description for Friday)

So, do you still want us to let you know of repeats, or is it a waste of time?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

MD

It is not a waste of time and we appreciate it.

We are working through edge case bugs such as these but it is a time consuming process.

Unfortunately, through hundreds of correct TV shows over every region and channel in Australia, 24/7 every day, we only get caught out by our few errors.  I'm afraid when everything is working perfectly we are almost forgotten but we are certainly remembered for our mistakes!!

GaiO IceTV

Hi Judy,
Thanks for your note. I'm following up on the ABC one specifically, Adam Hills: the Last Leg is set correctly in our guide as a new episode on Tuesday 16th on ABC Plus and is repeated on ABCTV on Wednesday 17th. If you are experiencing some other issue with this programme it is not guide related.
Cheers Gai

csutak40

Quote from: GaiO IceTV on February 14, 2021, 08:49:51 AM
Hi Judy,
Thanks for your note. I'm following up on the ABC one specifically, Adam Hills: the Last Leg is set correctly in our guide as a new episode on Tuesday 16th on ABC Plus and is repeated on ABCTV on Wednesday 17th. If you are experiencing some other issue with this programme it is not guide related.
Cheers Gai
Well, I have it set as First Run Only.  I don't understand the workings of things enough to understand what causes what, but having now checked on the web page, it is not marked as set to record, but it is on the V2
Incidentally, I have noticed earlier that when I cancel something on the Web, it doesn't always delete it off the V2, so that may be what's happening, but no idea how to fix it
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

There was a user on the Beyonwiz forum recently asking about how to do a bulk time delete on the Beyonwiz side, because they'd ended up with a fairly large number of timers set by IceTV on the Beyonwiz, but apparently not deleted when the episode states were changed from first run to repeat.

Grampus was also asking about some odd, but apparently innocuous, error messages happening in IceTV updates recently. I understand that Daniel Hall has already looked into those.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

aeb001

Quote from: csutak40 on February 14, 2021, 09:10:49 PM
Well, I have it set as First Run Only.  I don't understand the workings of things enough to understand what causes what, but having now checked on the web page, it is not marked as set to record, but it is on the V2
Incidentally, I have noticed earlier that when I cancel something on the Web, it doesn't always delete it off the V2, so that may be what's happening, but no idea how to fix it

I've been having the same issue but to the extent when the ice team then change the premiere to a repeat the show is going back on my device to record even though the show is on the app & website as a repeat & not set to record. So i'm having to delete the upcoming recording twice.
Adrian

aeb001

@lisa or @tiphanee these 2 will be repeats of last weeks episodes as new ones are on that night
Jamie's Easy Meals For Every Day - 10 HD, 1:00pm, Wed, 17 Feb 2021, 30 minutes
Jamie's Easy Meals For Every Day - 10 HD, 1:30pm, Wed, 17 Feb 2021, 30 minutes
Adrian

aeb001

@lisa or @tiphanee
IFish - 10 Bold, 4:00pm, Sat, 20 Feb 2021, 30 minutes < saturdays are always repeats. Sunday is the new episode. Forgot to message last week & let you know
Adrian

aeb001

@lisa or @tiphanee
Escape With ET - 10 Bold, 10:30am, Sun, 21 Feb 2021, 30 minutes < repeat of saturdays episode
Adrian