Repeats and double ups

Started by csutak40, January 24, 2021, 01:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

I'm getting repeated recordings for Ready, Steady, Wiggle!:

This has happened a number of times for Ready, Steady, Wiggle! and Doctor Who (I missed 1 & the show was recorded twice on my U4).

The starting/ending time are 1 min different.

Oops, forgot to mention the above is for Wednesday 3rd of February.

csutak40

I just noticed something weird (or at least, I don't understand)
Grand Designs, House of the year, was scheduled twice.  I didn't get around deleting one of them, but the weird thing is, only one of them recorded
Also, FWIW one had no description at all, the other one did.  The one that recorded has the description.
I have no idea how that is possible
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

aeb001

Restoration Workshop - 7mate HD, 3:00pm, Tue, 9 Feb 2021, 60 minutes < tiphanee this ones a repeat. Premieres are on monday nights
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

csutak40

Michael Mosley On Cosmetic Treatments is scheduled twice as well (SD and HD)
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Oh and the Project often repeats late at night (it is being  recorded as we speak) even though it is on at 6.30 pm and the later version is a repeat.
Cheers,
Judy

IanL-S

have an example of double-up on both my 7100+ for Jack Irish on 12 February. No double-up on the U4. In each case all have the same commencement time - did not check the run time.
Ian

This could be a different issue as only one is shown as scheduled; others have a problem.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

What are the error messages on the ones with the warning symbols?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

Hi Peter, error message is (at least for one instance):
"There was an error scheduling this show to device 7100+ 1.TASK_MSG_INVALID_SERVICE."
That would be consistent with the emails advising problem with the timers.

Would I be correct in assuming that the timer was downloaded before the relevant EPG data had been downloaded? Something I suspect happens regularly with my Toppys.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

prl

Quote from: IanL-S on February 09, 2021, 04:48:46 PM
Hi Peter, error message is (at least for one instance):
"There was an error scheduling this show to device 7100+ 1.TASK_MSG_INVALID_SERVICE."
That would be consistent with the emails advising problem with the timers.

Would I be correct in assuming that the timer was downloaded before the relevant EPG data had been downloaded? Something I suspect happens regularly with my Toppys.

Ian

I don't know anything about IceTV on the Topfields (?), but my guess from the name of the error, is that a timer has been sent for a channel that's either not in the channel list sent to the PVR by IceTV, or not in your scanned channel list on the PVR. It might be that your IceTV region doesn't match your actual region, or that you have some channels in the region enabled in IceTV that haven't been scanned by the PVR (e.g. their transmitter is too far away). The latter is more of an issue for regional areas.

For the basics, setting a timer doesn't need to consult the EPG. On Beyonwizes, it does, in order to retrieve a description (e.g. episode name) for the timer. The timer sent from IceTV contains the channel, start time, duration and title (name of series) and the action being performed on the timer (record, forget) and some state information. A "record" timer is used both to set new timers and update existing ones.

I'm not sure whether the Topfield accesses the EPG to set a description in the timer (or even if it has one).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

IanL-S

Peter, checked my region settings and it is correct; ABVTV HD is enabled, but ABC TV (SD) is not enabled. I have deleted SD services for which there is a corresponding SD service both in IceTV settings and on the Toppys.

The Toppys use an old IcedTV EPG API, not the one used by the Beyonwiz T, U and V series.
The way Toppys (other than the 5300) works is that (as I understand it) only time informtion (not the program details) is sent to the Toppy. The Toppy then picks up the program information from the EPG when the program records. This can result in no program information for reordings if the EPG is blank for one reason or another. Timer information and EPG data are sent separately to the Toppy. After the initial download of timers and EPG the EPG and Timer informaiton are downloaded at 30 minute intervals, with a 15 minute offset between the EPG and Timer downloads.

Ian
Synology NAS

prl

Quote from: IanL-S on February 09, 2021, 05:53:36 PM
The Toppys use an old IcedTV EPG API, not the one used by the Beyonwiz T, U and V series.

Quite right. I'd forgotten that the Topfields use the old API. It still sounds like a problem with mapping the IceTV channels to the corresponding channels on the Topfield. Daniel Hall is probably the only one who can winkle that one out.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

The second airing of the Project on 10  (at around 10.30, 11pm) is still not shown as a repeat
Cheers,
Judy

grumpy_geoff

The Bay, 7flix, Saturday, Perth (and some others)
These are repeats of the premieres of Wednesday evening, but aren't marked as repeats.

prl

Busted In Bangkok 'Episode 3', Prime7 HD, 9:45pm, Thu, 11 Feb (tonight) is marked as first run, but I'm pretty sure it's a repeat. The first two episodes weren't recorded by my "first runs" series recording for Busted in Bangkok.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Silent Witness 'First Casualty - Part 2', 9Gem, 10:50pm, Wed, 17 Feb is S14E06, first released in 2011, is almost certainly a repeat and my "first runs" series recording didn't record Part 1, or any other episodes from this series.

Silent Witness 'Deadhead - Part One', ABC TV HD, 9:31pm, Sun, 14 Feb (S23E01) is a first run (released 2020).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use