Seven and Nine news

Started by Garyvx, January 23, 2021, 10:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garyvx

I seem to be recording a lot more "News" than before the update.
I'm now recording the 5:00pm as well as the normal 6:00pm news that I want and the late news on Nine is also set to record.

Regards Gary

bodogbodog

Same issue in Sydney too for the last day or two

Do we need to reset our recordings or will IceTV make an adjustment so we return to only recording the 6pm news (I'm pretty sure I had it set to only record at that time and haven't changed anything
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

MD

My apologies if IceTV appears to have "gone off the rails" over the last week. We are completing a total revamp of our legacy EPG ingestion, checking, curation, and aggregation software systems which, predictably, has thrown up a myriad of bugs even though we did thorough pre-release testing. It's been "all hands to the pumps" seven days a week and late into the evening for the last two weeks. Australia's lack of formal regulations regarding EPG data conformance to any standards, or lack of enforcement where there are any, with many sub-regions and our three time zones makes it an onerous task!  Nevertheless, if we hadn't completed the update that replaced a legacy system nearly 16 years old that was built for just 5 channels in those days then, in the end, there would have been no IceTV at all as the cost of its inefficiencies were becoming unsupportable.

Please bear with us for a few more days as we debug the new system.

Your Beyonwiz should simply correct to one airing once we have worked out what is causing the issue but in the meantime simply deleting one would be the best way forward.  It can be quickly done on the website or app "My Week" by removing the extra episode each day but leaving the series.

bodogbodog

Thanks for the prompt update
These things happen (especially with major system upgrades)  - and you've provided us with a great service for so many years - both pre Skippa and post (sorry to mention that ill fated project)
I'm very happy to await the fix you and the team are working on - fingers crossed it gets resolved soon
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Garyvx

I understand there are issues after the database update but I was under the impression that letting IceTV know about the issues would help them isolate the problems.

Regards Gary