Changes not updating

Started by csutak40, January 22, 2021, 08:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

This is sort of connected to my other thread about "doubled up recordings", but have noticed something else.
I think that it is not updating (is it the Wiz or IceTV?) changes
There are a lot of repeats this week.  I have deleted some on IceTV (as opposed on the Wiz) and even after I updated the IceTV timers, none of them disappeared from the Wiz.
So, this made me realise that this is the reason for the doubled up recordings.  There is a change made by IceTV (starting or ending time) and a new timer is created, but the old one stays
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on January 22, 2021, 08:54:50 PM
So, this made me realise that this is the reason for the doubled up recordings.  There is a change made by IceTV (starting or ending time) and a new timer is created, but the old one stays

A timer update is recognised when a recording timer request comes from the IceTV server, and its IceTV timer id matches the IceTV timer id in an existing PVR timer.

If a new timer is being created instead of the existing one being updated, that points to the IceTV server having changed the timer's id.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

Judy you were not the only one who had this happen; had a similar thing happen on Wedensday or Thursday; in that case both were in the EPG as well as having timers. Very odd, but I saw it long before the recordings were scheduled to record. Same thing on both the Toppy 2400 and the T2 and U4.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

I think I also had the same problem on getting a double recording of 5 Mistakes That Caught A Killer (9 HD). I still have the recordings, timer entries on the Beyonwiz and log files for when the timers were sent.

That may make it easier to nail this one down.

The most obvious thing is that, as I noted as the likely cause, the two timers have different IceTV ids: 16671764060915922270 & 16670110305485079768.

These ids come from the IceTV server. There's no really effective way for the Beyonwiz to know that a timer with one id has become a timer with a different id.

The timer start times differ by 5 minutes, but the end times are the same. The show actually started at the earlier of the two times (the beginning of the program in later recording is cut off, but the earlier one has the beginning).

Anyway, I'll make copies of everything, including any log files that mention the two log files so that when the database update is all done and dusted, I'll have as much data as possible if Danial Hall wants to investigate more.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing