Main Menu

Started by aeb001, January 24, 2021, 11:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeb001

Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

prl

Border Security are all repeats now, at least in the ACT guide.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Yes, I mean IceTV ACT Guide.

I have a first runs series recording set on Border Security, and I'm not seeing any recordings scheduled, and when I do a guide search for title:"border security" all the hits have greyed-out series recording icons on them showing that they are matched by a series recording, but won't record: "This show is part of a series recording but will not be recorded. (Repeat showing but series set for first runs only.)"

That may be different for other regions.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: prl on January 24, 2021, 01:31:00 PM
That may be different for other regions.

Yes, it's different in Perth.
All showings are not marked as repeats.
That includes the "Border Security: International" episodes that are incorrectly named.

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: aeb001 on January 24, 2021, 08:01:53 PM
how can you see what it is in other states?

Just load up https://tv-guide.icetv.com.au/ in a browser that's not logged into IceTV.
Then select the guide region.

grumpy_geoff

I think you'll find any broadcast location that has Prime will have the shows marked as repeats.  Any broadcast location that has the Seven network will have them as premieres.
Even for you in the same location that gets both - 7 Digital/7HD c.f. Prime Gold Coast/Prime7 HD

grumpy_geoff

My point was that the guide details have been fixed, or were originally correct, only for Prime.  The "rest of us" can record the repeats ("eat cake") ;-)

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: aeb001 on January 25, 2021, 02:36:26 PM
QLD-GC is apparently the only guide that has this problem

Where do you get that idea from?
I think you'll find it's wrong everywhere that is not "regional" (i.e. not WIN, not GWN, not Prime)

prl

The repeat marking is correct in the ACT IceGuide. I said that, not grumpy_geoff. Border Security Australia (BSA) is marked as a repeat on all its showings on Prime Canberra, Prime7 HD and 7mate.

I just checked the IceGuides for Sydney and Melbourne. They do not have BSA marked as repeats, with two exceptions: the Melbourne guide has BSA marked as a repeat for:
Border Security - Australia's Front Line 7 Digital, 5:30pm, Sun, 31 Jan
Border Security - Australia's Front Line 7HD, 5:30pm, Sun, 31 Jan 2021, 30 minutes

Those two episodes don't appear in the Sydney IceGuide.

In Sydney and Melbourne, BSA is showing on Seve,n 7HD, 7mate and 7mate HD and repeats on them are (apart from the exceptions above) are being marked as first run. The difference seems to be between metro and regional broadcasts in general, and not just a Seven/7HD vs Prime/Prime7 HD problem.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: aeb001 on January 25, 2021, 04:58:47 PM
@MD this is correct in some guide but incorrect in others but as its now 5pm and no one has replied I feel the need to contact yourself. Please advise

It's not just this series that is wrong in some regions, the 1pm "I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here" is also incorrectly "premiered" and not marked as a repeat.  This has been the case for last Thursday, Friday, Sunday, today, ...
No actual acknowledgement, just silence.

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: aeb001 on January 25, 2021, 07:10:12 PM
@grumpy_geoff so IACGMOOH is correct in some regions & wrong in others on IceTV too do you mean?

Yes -
Quote from: grumpy_geoff
wrong in some regions