Building Giants 7mate - program different from guide

Started by prl, January 25, 2021, 03:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

The IceTV 7mate Guide had
Building Giants 7mate Canberra / 26 Dec 2020, 19:00
Record Breaking Mega Bridge
Building the Halogaland Bridge in Narvik, Nordland, Norway...

IMDb has this as S01E03

The actual program contents was:

Rise of the Monster Bridge
Engineers race against the clock to build the biggest bridge in Ireland...

IMDB has it as S03E02.

This appears to be down to IceTV not matching the right episode in Seven's apparently random broadcast order of this series. I don't think it has anything to do with the database update. Sorry that the information is so late coming, but we only just watched it.

BTW, with the database update, is IceTV going to start using the correct non-ASCII characters for foreign language names, etc? The Norwegian bridge is the HÃ¥logaland Bridge, not the Halogaland Bridge.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

aeb001

@prl Just an FYI that SBS make up their own SxxExx details. ie S05 letterkenny is apparently stating on sunday. its actually S08. If you check what SBS says first, thats what IceTV gets in their feed & if thats where the error is then you can join me in banging your head on a wall or desk. 7 Network is the same. They make up their own names for shows, not just Season numbers.
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

prl

Quote from: aeb001 on January 25, 2021, 03:14:19 PM
@prl Just an FYI that SBS make up their own SxxExx details. ie S05 letterkenny is apparently stating on sunday. its actually S08. If you check what SBS says first, thats what IceTV gets in their feed & if thats where the error is then you can join me in banging your head on a wall or desk. 7 Network is the same. They make up their own names for shows, not just Season numbers.

I had a brainslip there. The series is being shown on 7mate (as in the recording details), not on SBS (at the beginning of the text).

Thanks for indirectly pointing me at my slip, but while what you say about SBS is correct, Building Giants is not being shown on SBS

SBS is also where the problem of IceTV substituting plain ASCII characters for non-ASCII characters without proper transliteration is a more frequent problem.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing