Main Menu

QI

Started by NBOSTI, November 19, 2020, 06:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NBOSTI

My Week is showing that QI on Wednesday 25/11, ABC HD 10:20 pm is Quills.
However when I look at the description it is showing as Quagmire, a repeat.
Quills has not shown before so a premiere, Quagmire is a repeat as the description states.
This time slot for QI on ABC is usually for first runs.
One of the entries is incorrect, could you look into this please.

GaiO IceTV

Hi there,
Thanks for your note.  This one is a bit confusing.  ABC have it as Quills and as a Repeat, as does YourTV.  I agree this time is normally for new airings, so have marked as new but will leave as Quills and contact ABC in the morning to get some clarification from them.

Cheers Gai 

NBOSTI

Hi Gai,
Yeah this is a strange one. According to the QI series listings "Quills" is episode 13. "Quagmire" is listed as episode 12.
There are 3 more episodes in the Q series after Quills; 'Queens', 'Quantities' and 'Quads & Quins'.
Not including a couple of compilation episodes, but to my knowledge the ABC has never shown the compilation episodes of other series.

When I click on Quills in my week, the description mentions ".. Sandi Toksvig finds herself stuck in a  in a 'Quagmire'..." and that this is episode 12.
I have just checked the ABC guide and it is showing the same as IceTV, description and episode number and being Quills.
So they either have the name wrong or the description is not correct. I will record this regardless and find out.

GaiO IceTV

Hi there again,
I have asked ABC for some clarification but as yet no-one has come back to me about it.  As it has been brought to there attention now, it's quite possible they will just make an amendment before screening without contacting us back.  I'll post a notice if any amendment is received from them. Safest just to set a recording at this point.
Cheers Gai

prl

Strangely, the ABC EPG entry for the QI at 22:20 Wed 25 Nov, as well as being marked as "Quills", but having the synopsis for "Quagmire", is marked as a repeat. Which is correct if the content is "Quagmire", but not if the content is "Quills".

The following episode, 22:20 Wed 2 Nov, isn't marked as a repeat, it is titled "Queens", but the synopsis is "Sandi Toksvig looks at 'Quantity' and 'Quality'". Seems that someone is a bit confused at Auntie.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing