Main Menu

NextPVR

Started by jlowe1973, November 16, 2020, 08:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlowe1973

Hi, I'm using NextPVR and came here looking for info on it.  A forum search turned up nothing, and there is no NextPVR section.  Is anyone else here using NextPVR with Kodi, and how did you go setting it up?

Thanks, Justin.

MD

Did you go to our web site Help - Customer Support section where there is an XMLTV section that lists NextPVR and how to set it up?  Or type NextPVR into the search section of the "Support" button that floats at the bottom of the website (always visible as you scroll) when it will find the same links to setup procedures?

jlowe1973

Sorry, I wasn't clear, that wasn't quite what I meant.

I haven't purchased yet, and have seen the setup instructions on the main site, which are straightforward. 

I wanted to check the forums, like I always do before purchasing something, to see if others had feedback, problems or praise.

I was surprised to see that there are discussion sections for everything except NextPVR, and that my searches also turned up nothing. 

Kinda makes me think that if I were to purchase, I would be the only one to be using NextPVR, so support could be limited?

I particularly wanted to clarify whether it can be used for keyword recordings, setting recordings via the weekly email links, and if I can sync/import my existing timer rules into IceTV.  I see "IceTV Smart recording" is not supported, but couldn't find anywhere that actually says what "IceTV Smart recording" is.

Thanks,
Justin.

Dave

Justin,
I've just started using NextPVR for my recordings.  I'm running it simply in Windows 10.
The paid service from IceTV is only the guide information and it integrates very well in the NextPVR application.
There are no ways to remotely use IceTV to schedule recordings, but you set up the series recordings etc. in Next PVR.
I am still to work out a small bug which I haven't had time to resolve which is where you set up recordings for just new episodes, but it still records some of the repeats.
Other than that, it's a reliable service to use.  Much better than using Windows Media Centre and having Windows Update disable it every month or two.
Regards.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR