Main Menu

Motor sport

Started by aeb001, September 15, 2020, 12:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Search on My Guide on the Web interface.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

aeb001

Quote from: prl on November 05, 2020, 07:52:02 PM
Search on My Guide on the Web interface.

Do you mean my week? my web interface doesnt have My Guide & if you see my reply to Daniel it has limited results. His response said I should get next 7 days & not showing as well. I'm awaiting his reply.
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

Daniel Hall at IceTV

To try and answer everything at once...

If you select any of the drop downs on the TV Guide page then you will only ever get entries for actual airings that are in the guide right now, these are more filters for what is on currently, hence why the combination of day and genre didn't give anything as there mustn't be anything in that genre today (having said that it does look a little quirky as that combination really doesn't work too well, will have to put it on the list of oddities to look at when we get time).

When searching the guide it will also search the database for other airings that are not on in the coming week.

The advanced search page (it previous name) can now be found under the search box using the link "Create Keyword Recording of Favourite", then you can specify the keyword in great detail, then click on "Preview Keyword" to do the actual search, this is the search page I was talking about in my earlier post, and its on this page that you can then create a keyword based recording or favourite to either highlight shows in My Week for this keyword, or to automatically set them to record.

In terms of the "Australian Production Car 6 Hour" programme, that extra comma is not for a genre, but it looks to be a quirk of the template if the particular programme is not an actual 'series' and has not been flagged as such, I guess for some reason that one was put in as a one off rather than a series.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 05, 2020, 09:33:32 PM
In terms of the "Australian Production Car 6 Hour" programme, that extra comma is not for a genre, but it looks to be a quirk of the template if the particular programme is not an actual 'series' and has not been flagged as such, I guess for some reason that one was put in as a one off rather than a series.

Ah. OK, thanks, Daniel.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

aeb001

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 05, 2020, 09:33:32 PM
The advanced search page (it previous name) can now be found under the search box using the link "Create Keyword Recording of Favourite", then you can specify the keyword in great detail, then click on "Preview Keyword" to do the actual search, this is the search page I was talking about in my earlier post, and its on this page that you can then create a keyword based recording or favourite to either highlight shows in My Week for this keyword, or to automatically set them to record.

Thank you for explain this properly. Having had IceTV since prelaunch I've discoverede new things about the product in the last few weeks that I never knew.

Now, having seen this, may I ask, what was the initial reason for adding Motorsport, Motor Sport, Motor Racing as a prefix to show names? I've been searchign by that & now that I know about the genre & how to actually search by it I have found many more shows. However there is quite a few motoring or 4x4 (still motoring) shows under this genre that have nothing to do with motor sport. By the same token there is a show airing that should have shown up under that genre that didn't (Graveyard Carz) although it's actually a motoring show, not motor sport. Having 2 seperate Genres may be a burden or may be useful but either way it would appear that some shows that should be tagged are not.
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005