What happened to Crime Investigation programme?

Started by kgl, September 01, 2020, 08:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgl

Channel 7 had been advertising a crime investigation programme but in the IceTV guide it was marked as TBA. Did this programme get pulled or have I missed it?
It was listed in the Recommended part of the app but when selected said no info available and no option to set recording. The programme was listed in the Freeview guide . I set the TBA to record on the BW but it did not record.  I checked again Sunday morning (if I remember correctly) but the guide had not changed. I would like to know if the programme went to air. Not sure why Freeview listed the programme but not IceTV.

Jennifer

I can confirm that the guide had Crime Investigation Australia: Most Infamous at 8:30pm Sunday 30th August on 7. Not sure why the guide was not updated at your end, sorry.

Regards
Jennifer
Guide Team
IceTV Guide Team

kgl

Yes, it is strange. It appeared in the New Series list the next day but of course that was too late.

Anyway thanks for replying.

MD

Hi kgl,

As best we can tell the missed recording was caused because you set a recording on the TBA slot of 7HD where you expected Crime Investigation Australia to appear.  That will always fail as the TBA slot will lose the recording setting when it is replaced by a show.  If it had been set as a series once it had replaced the TBA it would have been OK.  Alternatively it could have been set before the TBA was replaced but only via "New Shows", via our "Recommendation" section of your app, or via our IcePicks email, then IceTV's automatic following of that series would have overwritten the TBA once its airdate was confirmed.  I see you set a series recording for it yesterday and it will now record wherever and whenever it appears, subject to the 1st runs constraint that is our standard default.

I apologise for the late update of the TBA which didn't help matters.

kgl

Thanks for the advice. The show was listed in the Recommendation section of the app but when I tried to set the recording it came up with no information or sumilar words to that effect, so I couldn't set it to record available.

I couldn't find it listed in the New Series section. I usually look at that each day but don't recall it being there although I did find it the following day.

I wondered if 7 was waiting to resolve some legal issue before confirming it but couldn't understand why Freeview had it listed. That is why I asked if it was pulled!

The only way I can think of recording it in retrospect would be to set up a recording based on a key word search.

Anyway, I have plenty of recordings so no great harm done.

Thanks