Record TV Series and specific season number(s) and/or episode(s)

Started by BazzaG, August 21, 2020, 02:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

I want to record several TV shows but only specific seasons thereof and/or episodes.

Firstly, it beggars belief that Season number and/or Episode number keywords are currently missing from the list of keywords. [Along with qualifiers such as, <=, <=, < and >.]

I just don't understand ..... they are so OBVIOUS keywords.

Anyway, I've tried to do, as an example & test:

series:"Antiques Roadshow" desc:"Season 37"

This season is currently being broadcast on 9Gem, however, the above does NOT work.

So how can I record a specific season(s) and/or episode(s) of a specified series?

If not, WHY NOT?

Thanks...

MD

Are you are aware that the use of CAPITALS on a forum such as this one is rude? Don't use them.

prl

I thought it was SHOUTING!

Anyway, back to the original question: no, there is no keyword search on either season number or episode number. Only one field has range searches, as far as I can see.

You can search on episode name, which is sometimes a string composed from the season number and episode number, but that isn't the case for Antiques Roadshow. But anyway, even it it had the episode number in the episode name, you'd have to enumerate all the episode numbers you want to record.

Searching on desc won't help, that's the description of the episode and rarely (if ever) has the episode number. E.g. for the episode "Lowther Castle 2" of Antiques Roadshow, the description is:
QuoteThe Antiques Roadshow makes a return visit to Lowther Castle in Cumbria where they discover an army of Action Man figures, a giant skeleton clock and rarely seen watercolours by Beatrix Potter.
The line below it:
QuoteSeries, 2015, United Kingdom, English, Lifestyle, Season 37 Episode 20
is not part of the description.

One possible workaround is to match on Year as a proxy for Season. It allows a range query, for example: after:2010 before:2015.

You might like to make a pleasant request for searches on Season and Episode to be added. After all, the metadata is there. It doesn't seem to be an entirely unreasonable thing to ask for ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: prl on August 21, 2020, 04:44:56 PM
One possible workaround is to match on Year as a proxy for Season. It allows a range query, for example: after:2010 before:2015.

Yeah, but 'Ashton Court Bristol' doesn't have the year even though it's season 37 -
Series, United Kingdom, English, Lifestyle, Season 37 Episode 24

prl

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on August 21, 2020, 06:06:23 PM

Yeah, but 'Ashton Court Bristol' doesn't have the year even though it's season 37 -

Emphasis added.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: prl on August 21, 2020, 06:53:56 PM
Quote from: grumpy_geoff on August 21, 2020, 06:06:23 PM

Emphasis added.

I'd say it's a partial workaround due to the inconsistent guide content.  ;)

csutak40

Yeah, I would certainly appreciate Season and Episode to be added, I often have to go searching for that
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,