Agents of SHIELD suddenly M.I.A.

Started by Andrew Smith, August 17, 2020, 09:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Smith

AoS is normally Monday night like clockwork.  Nothing showing for at least 7 days per the search function.

Anyone got knowledge on this?

Andrew

Andrew Smith

FWIW, the latest episode listed is ep 9 on 7plus per https://7plus.com.au/marvels-agents-of-shield?overlay=register and it matches the one that went to air last week.

"A time storm ravages the Zephyr, propelling it toward destruction while simultaneously forcing Daisy and Coulson to relive their failed attempts to save the team over and over."

So episode 10 would be the next one we are missing.  I've located ep 10 on Tuesday 18 August at 12:50 am and it's marked as as repeat.  This would explain why it isn't showing up on my series recordings.

Andrew

Jennifer

I can confirm that Agents of Shield Series 7 Episode 10 was scheduled for 11:50PM last night (Monday 17 August) on 7mate and it was not flagged as a repeat. Episode 11 is dropping into the schedule today for 11:50PM Monday 24 August, also on 7mate.

Cheers
Jennifer
Guide Team
IceTV Guide Team

IanL-S

It recorded on my T2 (but it is set for first runs and repeats). Not sure if it is scheduled on the U4 - not scheduled there.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Andrew Smith

The one that recorded at 12:50 am (in Brisbane) wasn't episode 10.  How utterly annoying (and unusual) this has been. 

Worse, discovering that the Ch 7 web site doesn't have a station generated program guide that I could find.  I had thought they would definitively know what they were broadcasting.  Couldn't find it on IceTV guide when I went manually looking, and the program guide search function isn't the best when it comes to searching for that particular program, nor was it in my "this week" upcoming recordings on the IceTV side of things.

Danged if I know what happened.

Andrew

MD

It is now showing in your My Week waiting to be set (hollow red dots) as we set T/U/V series 6 days in advance.  Maybe you were searching before the 7th day had updated. I also found it via our account's search bar in its TV Guide?

prl

Quote from: Andrew Smith on August 18, 2020, 10:01:16 AM
Worse, discovering that the Ch 7 web site doesn't have a station generated program guide that I could find.

The Yahoo7 site used to carry an all-channels TV guide when the Yahoo site was Yahoo7. There doesn't seem to be that connection any more, and I couldn't find a guide there, or on Seven's web pages.

I think that web sites that show all channels, even ones that seem to be owned by a broadcaster (like yourtv.com.au), get their guide data from an aggregator. It used to be HWW, which was once owned by Nine (and is very familiar to MD ;) ), but has been on-sold a few times since then. Newspaper TV guides are also sourced from aggregators.

I think that even the individual broadcasters' EPG data comes from an aggregator.

I'm not sure whether HWW is still in this business, but if not, I'm pretty sure someone is.

Apart from perhaps the ABC and SBS, I don't think you can find the "one and only true broadcasters own online guide" anywhere.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

glores

Hi all,

I recorded the ep from 12:50am on 7mate in Brisbane and my recording is the scheduled ep S07E10 "Stolen". It was flagged in the EPG as a repeat so I had to manually schedule it as my series recording is set for new eps only.

It's confusing when Ch7 are broadcasting actual repeats of the show on the main channel and new eps on 7mate so I don't blame IceTV for the occasional mistake slipping through. I really think the networks need to lift their game but I have issues in general with the resources all of them devote to reality nonsense over scripted dramas.

Andrew Smith

I've taken a second look and the episode 10 which I manually set to record is indeed the real episode 10.  Glad I have it after all.

That said, after looking around, IceTV is definitely a vastly superior EPG to all others out there (whom mostly continue with the horizontal TV Week style).

Andrew

IanL-S

On my Toppys the 7Mate episode does not have the repeat tag in the file name.

In Melbourne, and possibly elsewhere, multiple repeats are being shown on 7flix.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help