This show recorded successfully on device Beyonwiz U4 ... NO it hasn't

Started by BazzaG, June 28, 2020, 09:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

Yet another occurrence of this problem earlier tonight, which I noticed just minutes before broadcast.

This time for Grand Designs, same as before:

"This show recorded successfully on device Beyonwiz U4. This show is part of a series recording."

Same as this thread:

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/beyonwiz/17/catalyst-online-indicates-its-set-for-recording-but-no-timer-on-my-u4/6410/

Given that there are other threads that have reported the same problem that have nothing to do with Beyonwiz, this appears to be a IceTV issue of some sort.

Can someone please kindly fix whatever is the problem.

Thanks...

MD

The problem is that the issue is sporadic and rare so we haven't enough info to track and understand it, yet you are having it repeatedly.  My U4 doesn't have the problem, only a few (maybe 10?) T/U/?V users have reported it.  Could you try re-installing the BWiz firmware it see if it solves it?

BazzaG

Perhaps I've already done so by updating via USB to: beyonwiz 19.3.20200328 (19.3-299-gfbf36d4), just 2 or 3 weeks ago. The problem has occurred either side of the FW update.

If that doesn't count as a re-install, then I have no idea of how to do so.

prl

The log for the corresponding Beyonwiz timer, if it exists, might be helpful.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

BazzaG

Logging isn't enabled as far as I'm aware and even if it was, I would have to run & keep the log data over an extended period of time since I have no idea when the problem is triggered, etc.

I'm also not convinced that this is a Beyonwiz problem since others have reported this issue who are not using a Beyonwiz PVR. Having said that, the log data might still give an indication of the cause.

It appears that I getting this issue about once every 2 to 3 weeks ... that's a long time to keep logging data.

prl

A log is kept in every timer. Go to the timer list (TIMER from live TV), select the timer and press the INFO button on the remote. A screenshot of the log may be the simplest way to display it on the forum. The timer log is kept in <log/> elements in the timer.xml file on the Beyonwiz, if that's convenient for you to fetch.

I've noticed that the problem also occurs on other devices, and I've also looked at the code that handles sending the recording started/finished/failed information to the IceTV server.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: BazzaG on June 29, 2020, 09:46:34 AM
Logging isn't enabled as far as I'm aware and even if it was, I would have to run & keep the log data over an extended period of time since I have no idea when the problem is triggered, etc.

I'm also not convinced that this is a Beyonwiz problem since others have reported this issue who are not using a Beyonwiz PVR. Having said that, the log data might still give an indication of the cause.

It appears that I getting this issue about once every 2 to 3 weeks ... that's a long time to keep logging data.

I am definitely looking into it, we are having troubles replicating the issue. It happened once to MD's U4 but has not since then, for this latest one we will have some server logs we can look at as well, but getting the timer log as prl described would also help.

So far the similar issues that were reported on other PVR's has proven to be a different issue, so at the moment all reports for this in particular are confined to Beyonwiz PVR's.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

BazzaG

Quote from: prl on June 29, 2020, 10:35:03 AM
A log is kept in every timer. Go to the timer list (TIMER from live TV), select the timer and press the INFO button on the remote.

Thanks, I didn't know this. However, the issue here is that there was NO timer on my U4 for the show.

The log shown in the attached screen shot is for the timer that I manually added via OpenWebif 3 mins before Grand Designs was due to broadcast.

As of this post all my timers appear to be OK, however, none of the timers for next Sunday have been added to my U4 itself but they are listed on IceTV website under "My Week".

BazzaG

Oops, I'm wrong about my current timers. Found another 1:

Baptiste ... ABC HD, 8:30pm, Fri, 3 Jul 2020, 60 minutes
This show recorded successfully on device Beyonwiz U4. This show is part of a series recording.

and sure enough there is NO timer set on my U4.

I have no idea if this timer was or wasn't set correctly last Saturday.

All the other timers listed on IceTV website under "My Week" are listed as, either:

This show is scheduled to record on device Beyonwiz U4. This show is part of a series recording.

or

This show is waiting to be set by device Beyonwiz U4. This show is part of a series recording.

PS. I have NOT tried manually adding a timer or anything else for this show yet.

vader1111

Is it possible that the problem is related to what I reported in this thread?
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/general-discussions/1/timer-with-different-symbol-android-vs-web/6444/

Series timer, IceTV web interface says that the timer was sent, no timer appeared on the T2.

prl

Quote from: BazzaG on June 29, 2020, 01:29:46 PM
Oops, I'm wrong about my current timers. Found another 1:

Baptiste ... ABC HD, 8:30pm, Fri, 3 Jul 2020, 60 minutes
This show recorded successfully on device Beyonwiz U4. This show is part of a series recording.

and sure enough there is NO timer set on my U4.

I have a timer set for
Baptiste 'Vertrouwen' ABC HD, 8:30pm, Fri, 3 Jul 2020
on our in-use T4 (firmware 20200405).

So there doesn't seem to be a systematic problem with the show.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

IanL-S

Quote from: prl on June 29, 2020, 04:20:46 PM

I have a timer set for
Baptiste 'Vertrouwen' ABC HD, 8:30pm, Fri, 3 Jul 2020
on our in-use T4 (firmware 20200405).

So there doesn't seem to be a systematic problem with the show.

It is also scheduled on my U4 but not on the T2 which is expected as it is not set to record on the T2, a shortcoming on my part that has now been fixed. Another seniors moment,

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help