How to record just the ABC News 7 pm?

Started by franklinoffner, May 12, 2020, 02:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franklinoffner

Making very few changes to my recordings, I missed that the useful qualifiers to series recording had been dropped some months ago.  Can anyone suggest how to set up a recording to record just the 7pm ABC News? Previously I simply qualified it with at 7pm, once a day...all good. 

I have experimented with favourites, but cannot see anyway of limiting it to just the 7pm edition and avoiding picking up News Breakfast, News update, News overnight, and numerous other programs that begin with "ABC News".  Am I missing some bleeding obvious action somewhere?  At the moment the only option I can see is that of adding umpteen exclude qualifiers which seems a decidedly backward step.

TIA Alan.
Alan
BeyonWiz T4, BeyonWiz U4.

MD

Hi,

Set it on ABCHD ch20 as that is the only "ABC News" broadcast.  Also I'd advise using all HDs if you can, disabling the duplicated SDs in your IceTV Guide Settings, for a better picture.  IceTV's recording default are "PreferHD" for that reason.

franklinoffner

Maybe I am going nuts, but I think :-\, that when I added from the guide via the iOS app it picked up all the ABC News... programs, now, futzing around, I added it from the ice web page and it is picking up just the 7pm edition.

Anyway, solved for now ::)
Alan
BeyonWiz T4, BeyonWiz U4.