Main Menu

RBT

Started by aeb001, June 24, 2020, 09:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeb001

Last nights episode of RBT was a premiere. You guys had it marked as a repeat. It was on 9 not 9Gem too.
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

Tiphanee

Hi Adrian -

Many thanks for your message about RBT and my apologies regarding the flagging. I have spoken to the team today about the flagging for both RBT and Border Security as these two shows seem to be our major bugbears on the commercial channels. There appears to be an issue with episodes being played in different regions and channels at different times and so some shows come up in the database as already played and the repeat flag is popped on. I've reminded the team to check the flagging against the region they're working on to ensure the placement is correct.

It also appears that in some regions RBT was on 9Gem as it was a repeat and so this flowed through to the Gold Coast where it should have been scheduled as a premiere.

Have a good evening,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

aeb001

Cheers.

Also the other thing that may have thrown them is that as other members had previously mentioned its two episodes mixed together to form a 1 hour episode & the 2nd episode is a repeat & this 1 hour mix was no exception. The 2nd part had actually been played as part of last weeks 9Gem episode too so it was more like a 3peat. But if its on 9/9HD its almost a guarantee that the 1st episode is new.
Adrian

prl

Nine does all sorts of different stuff with RBT, including, but probably not only: running a new episode and a repeat back to back as separate episodes, with the "what happened to everyone" information at the end of each episode, running an new episode followed by an old episode, but run into each other with all the "what happened to  them" information at the end of the combined episode and simply mixing old and repeated stories together in a single "sort-of-new" episode.

I imagine it's almost impossible to try to generate sensible program metadata about the sort of messes that Nine sometimes seems to make.

I've always found the IceTV content team helpful in trying to make useful repeat information about the show.

If you search for RBT on the forum, there are plenty of examples of how hard Nine makes it, going way back to when Madeline was the content team's voice in the forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

More fun and games in the never-ending puzzle that is RBT program composition. ::)

Last night's RBT (Wed 8 Jul), Nine/9HD, was listed in IceTV as two first-run 30-minute shows, 19:30-20:00 and 20:00-20:30. The actual show broadcast was a single one-hour show. It didn't appear to have any old material, so it was a first run, but not two separate episodes.

The IceTV episode names were Early Knock Off / Hungry P Plater for the first episode and Hungry P Plater for the second, so it looks a bit like an initial 1-hour EPG entry was split in two, but the episode names not quite cleaned up.

Next week's RBT Wed 15 Jul, Nine/9HD is listed in the IceTV EPG as two separate episodes, the first one, Caught in the Net is marked as first run, and the second one "Fountain of Youth" is marked as a repeat. Nine's yourtv.com.au shows it as a single 60-minute show, with the episode name "Caught in the Net/Fountain of Youth". I have no idea whether it will have repeated material in it, but it looks like it will, as for yesterdays program, be shown as a single 1-hour block, with a single "wind-up" at the end of the hour.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

RBT continues to be programmed as two separate 30-minute shows in the IceGuide, the first marked as first run and the second as a repeat, and Nine continues to show it as a single unbroken 60-minute show.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Jennifer

Thank You for your note.

RBT for Wednesday 22nd July has been corrected to show as a premiere episode of 1 hour. This should be visible shortly.

Regards
Jennifer
Guide Team
IceTV Guide Team

prl

Thanks, Jennifer. That's come through in my My Week now.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

aeb001

@Jeniffer, RBT > 'Essendon Tragic' > 9Go!, 8:30pm, Mon, 3 Aug 2020, 30 minutes as with the 2 prior episodes that night, its a repeat. any of them on 9go is a repeat 99.9% but ive checked other guides to be sure
Adrian

Jennifer

Thanks for this one. Essendon Tragic now flagged as a repeat. I can see where this would have caused confusion, it is the first time this has been a stand alone episode. It has appeared in double episodes with two different 'partners'.

Cheers
Jennifer
Guide Team
IceTV Guide Team

aeb001

Adrian