Giude not updating when in S3 suspend

Started by rushN, April 24, 2007, 02:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rushN

My old MCE2005 box used to update the guide at 1:30pm every day (I hacked the registry to change the default M$ update time), even if it was in S3 suspend mode.  It would wake itself up, download the guide data, then go back into S3.  My Vista Home Premium box is not doing this.  I have PIMP set to manually update the guide at 2pm each day, but the box won't come out of S3 to download the guide data.  If I leve the box on it downloads the guide data.  Any ideas?

BJReplay

Does PIMP have a wake to update function?  I don't think so.

You could schedule a task for 1:55pm every day (say cmd /c del c:\temp\*.* to clean up a temp directory, for example), and set that schedule to wake the PC to run - so your PC will be awake for PIMP to force the guide refresh.

philzgr8

I'm fairly confident that the guide update is a function of MCE and not PIMP although PIMP can be used to set the time at which this occurs. That being the case I would think that MCE is intended to wake the machine at that time to update the guide. I'm pretty sure that's what mine has always done even with MCE2005.

rushN

I have set PIMP to update the guide at 2pm (so I get the update after Ice do their 1pm update) but it definetly doesn't resume from S3 at this time.  My MCE2005 box used to before I rebuilt it with Vista HP.  Does PIMP just change the internal VMC guide update time, or does it attempt to override this and update the guide itself?  I remember using some utility on my MCE2005 box to change the update time from some un-Godly hour of the morning to 1:30pm, and this worked flawlessly.

jgrffin

This thread may interest you
http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/permalink/184797/185400/ShowThread.aspx#185400
Seems MS may have disabled guide updates waking the machines in case it was a laptop in suspend due to low battery.

rushN