how do I re-install the guide data

Started by mbedford, May 09, 2007, 07:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbedford

Every week or so Vista MC says there is no guide to download and my data is getting more than 3 days old and when I try and setup the listings again it says theres no guide data avaiable for my region.

To get them back again do I have to, un-install then re-install PIMPmyMCE_Vista.exe every time

or

Run the old IceGuide4MCE.exe every time

?

BTW PIMP latest version is always installed, shoudlnt it be stopping this from happening.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Yes it should be, there are two things to check though.

Firstly you will need to ensure that "Fix registry keys when changed is enabled", and secondly that the PIMPmyMCE client is updating as well. If you have a look on the Event Log screen are there any errors listed saying that is can't connect to the IceTV server, and on the configuration screen is the update frequency set to "Automatic"?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

mbedford

"If you have a look on the Event Log screen are there any errors listed saying that is can't connect to the IceTV server"

I have the following errors on and off:

Request ignored because it's being made too often.

Couldn't match the specified channel in the downloaded IceTV channel lineup/program to the local MCE channel lineup.  Verify that your online configuration is correct.

"ensure that "Fix registry keys when changed is enabled","

This was disabled as it was by default, I have now enabled it.

"is the update frequency set to "Automatic"?"

Yes

mbedford

Fixed this, I had to:

* run the un-installICEguideMCE registry file
* un-install PIMP
* reboot MCE (maybe this step wasn't necessary)
* install PIMP
* scan channel and setup the guide

not relaly acceptable I had to do all this though  >:(