Tony Robinson's World By Rail - South America

Started by IanL-S, June 18, 2020, 12:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

I suspect this program (SBS last night) was not a repeat. [Ignoring the confusing caused by SBS renaming the program - the correct title appears to be "Around the World by Train" (with Tony Robinson).] That episode was the second in series 2. I got really confused since the first episode in both series 1 (1999) and 2 (2020) is Europe, so I deleted the episode shown the previous week as I thought I had already seen it.

Would it be possible to include the season and episode number in future. I was confused since imbd only has series one listed (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11609526/), however I managed to find details of series 2 (https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/hpwmdh/around-the-world-by-train-with-tony-robinson-episode-guide/).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on June 18, 2020, 12:51:04 PMWould it be possible to include the season and episode number in future.

I think you might find that they can either provide episode title, or season and episode number in the episode title field, but not both. I'd like to be proved wrong, because I would dearly like to see both myself. And yes, it is a new series to Australia, and yes SBS seems to take some perverse delight in renaming series. Perhaps they think it is cute.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

IanL-S

Thanks for the confirmation about it being a new series.

The good news is that for some reason I had not deleted 02.01 from my U4 so one less thing for me to worry about.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on June 19, 2020, 09:08:38 AM

The good news is that for some reason I had not deleted 02.01 from my U4 so one less thing for me to worry about.

Ian

Good to hear it is not lost. If you delete a recording, unless there is some setting in the U4 modified to quickly remove it from trash, it can always be recovered from the trash directory for quite some period of time. The second series of the program can also be found at SBS On Demand, where I see that the only record of Series 1 (screened as recently as November last year) is a reference to there having been four episodes where in fact there were six.

IceTV is still presenting this latest series as a repeat, and like you, I do not think that it is. It premiered in the UK in March this year. I guess someone at IceTV will pick up on this post sooner or later and change it, but anything to do with SBS program scheduling must be a challenge for them given SBS's capricious retitling of series.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Alison

Hi All,

Thank you for sourcing these links with all the info I needed to help we find out what was going on! Yes, there is a series #2, and yes it is new to Australia! I will mark the first three episodes as new for their next airing, and continue with the rest of the series as new. I apologise for the delay, as I could not confirm a second series.

Regards,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team

raymondjpg

Thanks Alison. There is still the question of whether IceTV can provide both episode titles, and series #:episode # somewhere in the IceGuide or timers, but that is probably one for Daniel Hall.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: raymondjpg on June 19, 2020, 11:01:48 AM
Thanks Alison. There is still the question of whether IceTV can provide both episode titles, and series #:episode # somewhere in the IceGuide or timers, but that is probably one for Daniel Hall.

Hi raymondjpg,

At the moment we don't have it displayed on the screen, or in the timer (it is in the EPG feed though). The series and episode number are available via the IceTV website in the TV Guide and on the My Week screen.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 19, 2020, 11:23:13 AM
Quote from: raymondjpg on June 19, 2020, 11:01:48 AM

Hi raymondjpg,

At the moment we don't have it displayed on the screen, or in the timer (it is in the EPG feed though). The series and episode number are available via the IceTV website in the TV Guide and on the My Week screen.

Thanks Daniel I see it there now in the My Week screen towards the bottom of the entry, along with quite a bit of other metadata, and while the information doesn't come across in the timer, it might be preferable to have series #:episode # somewhere nearer the episode title (if given) in My Week and the IceGuide. I'm conscious that it would not be desirable to put IceTV to any unnecessary work.

Regards.

IanL-S

Quote from: raymondjpg on June 19, 2020, 10:03:57 AM
Quote from: IanL-S on June 19, 2020, 09:08:38 AM

Ian

Good to hear it is not lost. If you delete a recording, unless there is some setting in the U4 modified to quickly remove it from trash, it can always be recovered from the trash directory for quite some period of time. The second series of the program can also be found at SBS On Demand, where I see that the only record of Series 1 (screened as recently as November last year) is a reference to there having been four episodes where in fact there were six.

IceTV is still presenting this latest series as a repeat, and like you, I do not think that it is. It premiered in the UK in March this year. I guess someone at IceTV will pick up on this post sooner or later and change it, but anything to do with SBS program scheduling must be a challenge for them given SBS's capricious retitling of series.

If the recording is deleted via ftp then it is not transferred to trash; not sure if it is picked up by lost+found that is part of Linux, but I am doubtful. Just checked and lost+found is empty as I expected.
Synology NAS

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on June 19, 2020, 01:25:22 PMIf the recording is deleted via ftp then it is not transferred to trash; not sure if it is picked up by lost+found that is part of Linux, but I am doubtful. Just checked and lost+found is empty as I expected.

OK. I use OpenWebif to manage recordings, where deleted recordings are moved to the trash directory, which is accessible along with the movie directory.