Miss Scarlet and the Duke

Started by IanL-S, June 12, 2020, 05:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

As the program is filmed in Ireland and set in London I doubt that it is properly categorized as American.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Tiphanee

Thanks for your note BazzaG and IanL-S,

Both country and episodes have now been updated.

Bazza - Thanks for the link to tvmaze.com. We generally get our episodic information from thetvdb.com but I'll check tvmaze out as well.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

IanL-S

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raymondjpg

I'll not be arguing that this show not be classified as United Kingdom, English, just point out that such classifications generally reflect the origins of the production, not the location of the shooting or the location purported to be depicted in the show. Although  screened by a UK company the production was apparently commissioned by A&E Networks, which according to Wikipedia is ".... an American broadcasting company that is a joint venture between Hearst Communications and Disney Media Networks, a business segment of The Walt Disney Company." This is reflected by IMDB citing Country as USA.

I'd also be pointing to the sprinkling of Irish accents amongst minor characters in the show, as reflecting not just the location of the shooting but also the curious affection that the USA has for anything remotely Irish. As for location I'm not really convinced that Dublin looks anything like London, but that's just a personal opinion.

Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD