ABC ME

Started by csutak40, May 12, 2020, 03:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

I wrote about this in another thread, but quite possibly not read by the right person
I didn't have ABC ME selected in IceTV as I didn't think it would have anything of interest to me.  Then, on reading the thread about "The Wonderful World Of Puppies 'Puppy Talk'" I decided that perhaps I was wrong, so I selected it.  I then resent all recordings etc.
ABC ME showed up on the EPG listing, but it is blank  At the time, I manually set the recording for this show and it recorded, but the EPG remains blank
What am I doing wrong?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

MD

Hi Judy,

Because you have enabled a new channel you'll need to re-run the IceTV setup wizard as an existing user to force it to download its guide data.  Resending only sends timers.

prl

Quote from: MD on May 12, 2020, 03:11:21 PM
Hi Judy,

Because you have enabled a new channel you'll need to re-run the IceTV setup wizard as an existing user to force it to download its guide data.  Resending only sends timers.

A GUI restart (long-POWER>GUI restart) or reboot is enough to do a "fetch everything". You don't even need to do a restart: MENU>IceTV>Disable IceTV, MENU>IceTV>Enable IceTV, MENU>IceTV>Fetch EPG and update timers now will also do a "fetch everything".

I don't think that just running the IceTV startup wizard will do a "fetch everything". The key to doing a "fetch everything" is to reset the plugin's "last fetch" time back to 0. It doesn't look to me that just running the IceTV Wizard will reset the "last fetch" time.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Thank you, that worked!
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

IanL-S

My recollection is that the procedure suggested by Peter will solve the problem; disable and then re-enable IceTV has done the trick for me in the past.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help