Timer conflicts

Started by Nistrod, June 07, 2020, 09:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nistrod

I am getting Timer Conflict emails for my Beyonwiz T4, with the conflicting show(s) being on a different channel, day and in many cases time. I have followed the suggestions in "I have unexplained timer conflicts", and all four tuners work fine.

Adding new recordings seems to give new conflicts, but with the same shows.
Any suggestions?
BeyonWiz T3

grumpy_geoff

It sounds like one or two tuners have gone out to lunch permenently (possibly due to the tuner power regulator issue).
How positive are you that all four tuner indicators lit in the infobar when you cycled through tuner allocation / zapping to different broadcasters?

Have you tried rebooting the T4 and then setting a timer from the EPG?

Nistrod

To be clear:
1) Unplug T4. Wait 30 secs. Plug back in.
2) When Live TV appears check info bar. Tuner D in use on ABC.
3) Menu->Setup->Tuners->Tuner allocation. Change Preferred Tuner from Tuner D to Tuner A. Green to save.
4) Change channel to SBS.
This works fine.
Repeat for tuners B (CH 9) and C (CH 7). In each case, the tuner id changes on the info bar after changing channels.

All four tuners appear to be working.

5) Go to Ice TV website, find a failed tuner on My Week and select "Reschedule recording on" entry.

6) Five minutes later get a Timer Conflict email.

Anything I am not doing correctly?
BeyonWiz T3

MD

Are they showing as set in the T4 timer list?  If not will they manually set via the remote?

Nistrod

Hmmmm. Interesting. They do not appear in the timer list. Using Green from the guide gives a screen with two columns "New timer" and"Conflicting timers". The New Timer column does not contain the new program, but has one of the conflicting programs listed in all the emails. The other column has the second one from the emails.

There is no mention of the new program.
BeyonWiz T3

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: Nistrod on June 07, 2020, 02:15:17 PM
Hmmmm. Interesting. They do not appear in the timer list. Using Green from the guide gives a screen with two columns "New timer" and"Conflicting timers". The New Timer column does not contain the new program, but has one of the conflicting programs listed in all the emails. The other column has the second one from the emails.

There is no mention of the new program.

Using OpenWebif (OWIF), take a screenshot of the timer sanity/conflict screen and post it here.

You can also download and use the ShootYourScreen plugin to take screenshots on the T4.

Nistrod

Will do next time.
I have deleted the recording in the "Conflicting Timers" column, and rescheduled a failed timer.
Just waiting to see if that works.
BeyonWiz T3

Nistrod

OK, after 10 minutes, it has appeared in the Timers list. No email.

I shall reschedule all my failed timers, and when things settle down, recreate the problematic one.

Maybe the problematic one got scrambled somehow in the database, and was always conflicting, and the emails are a little confused.

Stay tuned.
BeyonWiz T3

Nistrod

Curiously, some failed recording entries have an option "Reschedule recording on Beyonwiz T4" and some only have "Reschedule recording on". I have no idea if this is significant or a red herring.
BeyonWiz T3

Nistrod

OK, all failed timers have now appeared in the Timer list.
I have recreated the deleted problematic recordings.
Stay tuned.
BeyonWiz T3

Nistrod

Timer conflict on the problem recording:
QuoteShow Name:    In Search Of...
Channel:    SBS VICELAND HD
Time:    2020-Jun-08 20:30:00
Duration:    50
Device Label:    Beyonwiz T4
Device Type:    Beyonwiz T4
Message from recorder:    Timer conflict: 'In Search Of...', 'New Tricks'
Last Updated:    2020-06-07 15:07:06

Attempting to create a timer for "In Search Of" from the Guide gave the attached screen.
"New Tricks" has not appeared in any previous errors. "In Search Of" was the previous conflict.

Suggestions?
BeyonWiz T3

grumpy_geoff

Weird that it's just one timer.

What firmware version is the T4 running?

Nistrod

Firmware version:   beyonwiz 19.3.20191106 (19.3-273-g6f501ae)
BeyonWiz T3

Nistrod

So, I deleted the conflicting New Tricks episode, and then went for a walk. After about an hour, everything is fine, with no other effort on my part. The failed show has scheduled OK. ???
I can only assume that these "conflicting" recordings were jumbled somehow, and deleting them cleared everything up. I must have had a few of them, so it took a while to clear out the mess.

It all seems OK now.
BeyonWiz T3

grumpy_geoff

Have you tried to record that New Tricks episode again and is it all fine?