RBT 30 min in EPG, but ran 60 min

Started by prl, April 03, 2020, 02:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

RBT 9HD Canberra, Thu 2 Apr, 19:30 had a timer set for a 30 min show, but the show actually ran for 60 min.

YourTV doesn'r list RBT in the 19:30  timeslot next Thursday (9 Apr).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

This happened again on Thursday (23 Apr).

Next Thurs (30 Apr), IceTV shows two back-to-back episodes of RBT at 19:30-20:00 & 20:00-20:30, the first as a first run and the second as a repeat. YourTV shows a single timeslot for the two 19:30-20:30 with a double episode name (and no information about repeats).

I presume that this is the same setup as it was on Thursday 23rd. Whether there is repeat material in the programming or not, the show is edited as a single 1-hour program, with no program titles at the half hour, and the "wrap" about what happened to everyone is only shown at the end of the 1-hour block.

I know that IceTV is trying to get the repeat info right, but the re-editing and mixing of old program material inline with new material that they seem to do a lot of in RBT means that IceTV's efforts result in the program as a whole not being recorded when the series recording is set for first run only.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

aeb001

Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

Tiphanee

Sorry Adrian and prl -

The Guide Team were away yesterday as it was the Anzac Day Public Holiday. We are busy today catching up on two days worth of populating the guide. I will look at forum issues later this afternoon.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

Tiphanee

Hello again -

I've had a look at RBT and it has been corrected for next Thursday. I think the best solution is to create the 60 minute double episode with no repeat flag so you don't miss the ep.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Thanks, Tiphanee. It looks good now.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

aeb001

@prl did yours record an RBT this week or wasn't there an episode?
Adrian

prl

Quote from: aeb001 on May 10, 2020, 09:22:47 AM
@prl did yours record an RBT this week or wasn't there an episode?

No, I didn't have a recording this past week. I don't know if there was an episode, but this coming week the IceGuide is showing RBT 9HD 19:30-20:30, Thu, 14 May as a repeat (episode name 'Baby Shower / The Carer'.

I think I remember a prior "Baby Shower" episode, but I'm not certain.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

aeb001

@prl and of course #9's advertising this week said new. @Tiphanee, what happened here?????
Adrian

aeb001

Adrian

Tiphanee

Sorry about that Adrian. I saw the conversation between yourself and prl and missed the one you directed at me.

I've checked the episode that played on the 7th, and in our database it says it actually played on 2 December 2019 and that's why it was marked as a repeat. Similarly, the one that is scheduled for tomorrow night has it in our database as playing on the 24 October 2019 but I will double check flags. If 9 does have it as a premiere, I will take the 'r' flag off it to err on the side of caution.

Have a lovely evening,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

aeb001

@Tiphanee 9 is advertising it on air as a new ep irrespective of wha guides say. safer to er on the saide of caution after previous weeks & mark as premiere, If it is a repeat those that record can always simply delete is as has happened in the past when you & others have done similar when unsure
Adrian

MD

This is an argument that has been going around in IceTV for years. If it has been on before it is a repeat and, as we've had most of our subscribers for a long time, they would have recorded it if they wanted to.  Just because 9 chooses to call it a premiere, which maybe it is for them, doesn't make it a first run. Yes if it gets recorded in error they can delete it but that's not how IceTV's service is supposed to work. Why do you, and only you, want it incorrectly marked as a 1st run?

aeb001

@MD as @prl said at the start of this thread. Nine is playing 60 minutes made up of a repeat & a new episode blended together
Adrian

prl

To be fair, I only mentioned a single episode. I don't know about more recent ones, because they haven't been recorded.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use