ICE/NLSU and Vista with Topfield 5000

Started by wazh, April 16, 2007, 12:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wazh

Hi,

I am looking for suggestions in what to do. I currently have a subscription to ICE that I am used John Trappers great TED's program for. I recently upgraded to Vista and the problem is that there is no USB driver for Vista so its currently not working.

I see the problem is that I have no connectivity to the topfield via the usb port. Am I able to get say an NLSU and that be the bridge to the topfield?

I am thinking that I can run Teds on the PC with the FTP option to send it to the NSLU and then in turn to the toppy. Ultimately all I am trying to do is get the teds files over to the toppy.

Sounds like I need hardware in there.. But what? Does the ICEbox wifi bridge allow ftp to the toppy?

Please help. If you cant tell I am confused with a plan.

Warren

deangelj

wazh, if your primary aim is to get TED/S to work with the 5000 on Vista, then yes today you must interact via an FTP Server that is connected via USB to the Topfield.

The FTP Server can be running on another Windows XP PC, an NSLU2 (running ftpd-topfield), an ASUS wl-500gP, or an Icebox2 (there may be other Linux-based solutions as well). The advantage of the Icebox is that all the software is pre-configured for you whereas the others you have to do the legwork.

cheers,
John