Yet more errors in IceTV guide

Started by BazzaG, March 25, 2020, 10:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

Today's "The Wiggles World" had the incorrect episode name (& probably season number).

On the IceTV guide, the name was: "World Record Dancing", however, on the ABC TV guide (also YourTV & Ourguide) it was listed as: "A King Who Liked to Sing!".

Looking at the episode itself it's definitely "A King Who Liked to Sing!".

IceTV has this episode listed for Tomorrow, plus Friday & Saturday's episodes are incorrect as well.

The previous episodes matched the ABC TV guide.

It's possible that the ABC may have decided to pulled an episode.

Monday: Series 1 | Episode 7 | Stinky Cheese Day!
Tuesday: Series 1 | Episode 8 | Lachy's Curly World
Wednesday: Series 1 | Episode 10 | A King Who Liked To Sing!
Thursday: Series 1 | Episode 11 | Surfer Bop
Friday: Series 1 | Episode 12 | Emma's Weather Bag

If so, then it's not the 1st time that the ABC has dropped a cartoon episode or 2 because of some perceived reason that it's unsuitable for children's viewing (eg. Fireman Sam S10E06 & 07). Or perhaps the ABC decided to skip an episode.

Irrespective of the reason, I have to ask why can at least 3 other TV guides get it right and IceTV canNOT?

BazzaG

Jeez this is getting ridiculous ...

Just went to catch up on MasterMind and found that yesterdays episode wasn't recorded. However, everything else I have set to record on Tuesday recorded OK.

Since I can't go back in time on the IceTV (something that I find really, really annoying) to check, I can only presume that's yesterday's episode was probably marked as a repeat.

GaiO IceTV

Hi BazzaG
It appears the ABC have made episode changes to The Wiggles World this week without advising us.  I have checked the show going forward and all episodes appear correct.

BazzaG

Quote from: GaiO IceTV on March 26, 2020, 08:41:07 AM
Hi BazzaG
It appears the ABC have made episode changes to The Wiggles World this week without advising us.

So they didn't advise IceTVbut did advise Ourguide and YourTV (CH9), is that what you are saying?

Quote from: GaiO IceTV on March 26, 2020, 08:41:07 AM
Hi BazzaG
I have checked the show going forward and all episodes appear correct.

They weren't at the time of my initial post.

-----

And what about Mastermind?

Is this issue going to be ignored just like my questions in my other post: "3 TV shows failed to record due to errors in the IceTV guide & almost a 4th", are being ignored?

Alison

Hi BazzaG,

Due to many late amendments on SBS and Viceland, it was too late to change the episode of Mastermind on the 24th from repeat. So the next airing on the 25th was made a non repeat to make up for the missing the 24th airing.

Regards,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team

BazzaG

OK but none of the Mastermind episodes currently broadcasting on SBS at 6pm on Monday-Friday are not repeats, since this is a new series.

What I don't understand is why they would even be marked as repeats at all. Surely the default status for ANY show added to the IceTV is NEW.

That's certainly the safer option ... if I/we record something that is actually a repeat, then I/we can simply delete the recording. On the other hand, if a show is marked as repeat in the guide, when it isn't, then effectively IceTV is doing that delete for me/us beyond my control.

Anyway, you have answered my question so we'll leave it there.