3 TV shows failed to record due to errors in the IceTV guide & almost a 4th

Started by BazzaG, March 23, 2020, 12:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

I have the following shows set to record:

* Habitus House of the Year (listed as House of the Year opn IceTV)
* Bluey
* Stateless

But ALL 3 broadcasts failed to record yesterday due to errors in IceTV TV guide.

Re: Habitus House of the Year

IceTV had a different show listed at the 11:30am start time.

Yet, other TV listings web sites had this show correctly listed, eg. YourTV & OurGuide + plus others.

Fortunately, it appears that CH7 has some repeats scheduled for next Saturday.

Re: Bluey

I noticed late on Sunday that Bluey hadn't recorded the 8am 1st broadcast on Sunday morning. This I have series recording for NEW episodes only, I also missed the repeat broadcast at 6:20pm. As a result I've completely missed recording the episode, and I will have to wait until the ABC repeats the episode sometime in the future.

I then noticed that Bluey for Monday morning was listed as a REPEAT. While I setup a recording for this mornings broadcast, I would have also missed this episode as well !!!

Re: Stateless

While I'm not exactly sure why there was no timer set on my U4, however, I believe it was for the same reason as Bluey, ie. marked as a REPEAT. Unfortunately, I realised that the timer was missing about 1 or 2 mins after Stateless started. Again, the ABC repeats the episode on Saturday night.

NOT HAPPY.

While I accept that late changes will be missed, eg. the ABC dumping of Grand Designs last night with a virus news special, surely whether a show is a repeat or not can be correct ... particularly given that BOTH Bluey & Stateless are NEW shows/seasons.

GaiO IceTV

Hi Bazza
Have checked our ABC Schedules and note that Monday morning first run of Bluey was incorrectly marked as a repeat. I have checked all upcoming episodes and note they are correctly marked as new.  Stateless on ABC Sunday 8.30pm was marked as a NEW show not a repeat in the IceTV guide as it was the previous week. Therefore this was not the reason for your failed recording of Stateless.

Regards Gai

BazzaG

Quote from: GaiO IceTV on March 23, 2020, 02:19:47 PM
Hi Bazza
Have checked our ABC Schedules and note that Monday morning first run of Bluey was incorrectly marked as a repeat. I have checked all upcoming episodes and note they are correctly marked as new.  Stateless on ABC Sunday 8.30pm was marked as a NEW show not a repeat in the IceTV guide as it was the previous week. Therefore this was not the reason for your failed recording of Stateless.

Regards Gai

Fair enough, but several questions remain:

* Why wasn't a timer added to my U4 for Stateless? There was definitely NO timer defined, which is why the recording didn't start and I did NOT manually delete the timer.

I did resend the timers to my U4 from your website and a recording did start but it started about 25 mins or so into the broadcast. Had I logged onto my U4 a little earlier I would have been OK.

* What about Bluey on Sunday? This is the most annoying given that I missed BOTH the 1st run and the subsequent repeat.

* Why did IceTV have the incorrect listing of Habitus House of the Year? Particularly given that other TV listing websites did have the show correctly listed.