Number in brackets

Started by kgl, March 22, 2020, 08:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgl

I haven't been able to find an explanation for this. What is the four digit number in brackets after the programme title in the My Week listing?
Intially I thought it was the year of the  programme but there are too many that do not correspond.
E.g. Madame Secretary (2014) the current series is 2019, so that can't be it. However MS began in 2014,so is that it?
Another example Great American Railroad Journeys (2029) can't be the year of release!
Current series of Better Homes and Gardens on Friday night (1996)?
It's got me puzzled.

Alison

Form SBS the 'Great American Railroad Journeys' (2029 typo) is changed to 2019 for that one episode!

Regards,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team

prl

Quote from: kgl on March 22, 2020, 08:45:21 AM
Another example Great American Railroad Journeys (2029) can't be the year of release!
It's got me puzzled.

It's a crossover episode with Doctor Who ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

vader1111

Quote from: kgl on March 22, 2020, 08:45:21 AM
I haven't been able to find an explanation for this. What is the four digit number in brackets after the programme title in the My Week listing?
Intially I thought it was the year of the  programme but there are too many that do not correspond.
E.g. Madame Secretary (2014) the current series is 2019, so that can't be it. However MS began in 2014,so is that it?
Current series of Better Homes and Gardens on Friday night (1996)?
It's got me puzzled.
The bolded bit is correct - it's the year in which the series began.  This is to differentiate between series with the same name, specifically re-makes (e.g. Hawaii Five-O and MacGyver).