Tony Robinson's Hidden Britain By Drone

Started by IanL-S, February 20, 2020, 11:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

SBS is currently running the second season of what they claim to be Tony Robinson's Hidden Britain By Drone, however according to the producers of the program Windfall Films Ltd, the correct name is Hidden Britain By Drone - see http://www.windfallfilms.com/show/11451/hidden-britain-by-drone-series-2.aspx. Both imdb and Channel4 use the name sans the reference to Tony Robinson.

I would appreciate it if this could be corrected for future episodes.

Ian

PS I find the propensity of SBS to rebadge programs very annoying.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

vader1111

I suspect that they do it because they know that Tony Robinson has good name recognition, and that more people will watch it if they attach his name to it.  Let's face it - the audience for a show titled "Hidden Britain by Drone", in Australia, would be miniscule, without the Tony Robinson factor.

That said... it is highly annoying!

Alison

Hi IanL-S,

After some debate over this issue, we will keep the title as given to us be SBS (including for future Tony Robinson marked shows). As to Vader1111 point, they will continue to change the title into the future because without the 'Tony Robinson factor' it would not attract views. I am sure they will do this for other show also to boost their ratings.

We will, however, ensure that the correct TVDB ID is attached to these shows so that this can be used by PVR's that need specific matching.

Regards,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team