Add and update series recording were not using the selected channel

Started by charlotte, January 24, 2020, 05:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlotte

Bwiz T4.  Perth
I was having a major problem. A couple of days ago if I clicked on channels or favourites the screen would freeze. The whatsit would just go around and around. Totally unresponsive. Only thing I could do was to turn off the bwiz at the back. Channels were not saying same as recorded. Your money instead of 9GEMHD.  I kept missing the tennis because  icetv was saying it was a rerun so I changed to first runs and repeats and that fixed that. Took me 24 hours+ to check for update. Downloaded, tidied up channels.  All happy.

Didn't realise but this morning I missed the channel 9 tennis because IceTV has reverted to believing it's a rerun. Putting in first run and repeats doesn't work.  Have to actually put it in manually from the app.
Channels are stuffed again. If I click on channels, favourites, it freezes.
9GEMHD shows as that in my app, favourites and the EPG. But in the timer it shows as Your Money?  Same fault as before.  Also I can't click on 'add timer' for 9gemhd in the epg to record in the normal way. And even when it's recording, it doesn't show that it's recording in the epg.

Confusion between your money and 9gem HD
Can't record 9hd tennis from app except each individual instance.
9life is on app but no program info in epg. Was ok before.
No access to channels, favourites. Just freezes
Maybe other stuff that I haven't found.
Ps. Just found that tennis on 9GO has same problem. I have to record each episode separately. Neither first runs only nor first runs and repeats works.

Update Saturday morning.
9life programs have reappeared.
Still mismatches between app guide and EPG. Your money and gemHD.
Another icetv app update would be good.

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: charlotte on January 24, 2020, 05:08:17 PM
Update Saturday morning.
9life programs have reappeared.
Still mismatches between app guide and EPG. Your money and gemHD.

What firmware version are you running on the T4?  From live TV, MENU>>Information>>About>>Revision field.

When was the last time you scanned for services?

Zap to 9Gem HD - what does MENU>>Information>>Service>>Service Reference field show for the values in the 3rd-5th segments?  It should be '19:465:490'.

charlotte

Hi
Thanks for your detailed instructions.  I'm not very technical when it comes to Beyonwiz. 'Revision' field not appearing on that page.
Last time scanned for services. Not sure. Mark Warkus put in a new HDD about 3 weeks ago. I assume that means a new scan for services?  Didn't get new motherboard.
Service reference for 9GEM HD is 19:465:490, so not as you said.

Odd that the problem was fixed by the recent app update, then reappeared a couple of days later.

grumpy_geoff

In short -
I think you'll need to do a service scan.
Possibly do a firmware update too.

Longer version -
If there's no 'Revision' field listed, then you must be on quite old (relative to current) firmware.
In MENU>>Information>>About, the firmware version is the value of 'Last upgrade' field in older firmware releases, or the 'Revision' field in newer firmware.

A HDD replacement doesn't affect the firmware nor any settings, timers, et. al., as they are stored in flash memory.
I'm a bit surprised Mark didn't do a firmware update to the latest 20191106 at the time of the new disk install.

The Service reference for 9Gem HD Perth   is '1:0:19:465:460:1012:EEEE0000:0:0:0:' so the bits that identify Nine Perth as a broadcaster is the 5th/6th segments (TSID/ONID) of '460' and '1012', and the bit that identifies 9Gem HD Perth is the SID value '465' in the 4th segment.  The value of'19' in the 3rd segment means this is an MPEG-4 HD transmission.
You have reported 9Gem HD Perth as having '19:465:490', so that's the correct service type (MPEG-4 HD) and SID ('465') for 9Gem HD Perth so I think you just misread the TSID as '490' instead of '460'.

IceTV will be sending EPG data and timers for 9Gem HD Perth programs using the Service reference of '1:0:19:465:460:1012:EEEE0000:0:0:0:' so this must match in the service scan data tables stored on your Wiz.
Your Money (Perth) had a different service type of '1' (SD) and was using Service Reference '1:0:1:465:460:1012:EEEE0000:0:0:0:'.
IceTV will now "prefer" the HD service over the SD service, so it'll be sending timers using 9Gem HD Perth's ONID/TSID/SID.  These 9Gem HD timers show in your timer list as matching Your Money because you've not done a service rescan since last July when 9Gem HD replaved Your Money. 
I suspect you'd see the same thing with 7mate HD as it replaced 7food.

Thus, I think you'll need to do a service scan.

If your firmware version is prior to 20191106 then I think you should do a firmware update.  The latest is available from the Beyonwiz web site https://beyonwiz.com.au/downloads/
If the 'Release' is '17.5' series (firmware '20190207' or '20180417'), then you can backup your settings before doing the firmware update, and then restore the settings afterwards.  If the 'Release' is '16.1' then you need to set up from scratch (in that case don't forget to resend all timers from your IceTV account).

charlotte

Thanks for all that. I have another T4 in the bedroom and i finally checked and it isn't showing 9GEM HD as Your money. May in some strange way it's related to the different hdd. I shall do a service scan and see how that goes. 

prl

It's quite unlikely for the HDD type to affect service scanning. You need to do a service scan on the PVR still showing Your Money.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

After you do the service scan, it is also a good idea to turn off IceTV, resend all timers from you PC/MAC, then turn IceTV back on on the Beyonwiz. I had to do this to get 9Gem HD to be reported properly.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

charlotte

Thank you all. Have been very busy and haven't gone through all the procedures yet. Fortunately now that tennis is ending my problems appear to have ended, but definitely will update firmware. Have rescanned channels.

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

charlotte

The rescanning didn't fix the channel name - sometimes it was right, sometimes wrong, but once the tennis finished, everything went back to normal, or maybe I'm just not using those channels atm. Being a glutton for punishment I've just got Foxtel with sport for the first time. I'm hoping to run thru Beyonwiz. I'm going to get an expert to come and help me sort out everything I think. Love the tech side but I don't have a spare 4 hours a day to work out everything.
Still need firmware upgrade and have 2 T4s. I have 'notify me of replies', but somehow this isn't working for me.