Cruising California, or Cruising with Jane McDonald

Started by prl, February 01, 2020, 10:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Up until now, IceTV has been listing episodes of Cruising with Jane McDonald under that title. The last season shown was Season 4 (Australia & New Zealand and South America).

Today (SBS, 17:35) Cruising California 'California' is listed in the IceGuide. Its synopsis mentions "Jane", but isn't specific whether it's Jane McDonald. If it is Jane McDonald, why isn't it listed as part of Cruising with Jane McDonald? The IceGuide also gives it as Season 3 Episode 1. I'd ask where the other seasons were, but Cruising with Jane McDonald hasn't been being shown in season order anyway.

IMDb has Season 3 Episode 1 of Cruising with Jane McDonald as having episodes: California, Iceland, Mekong & Mississippi. If that's what's being shown in this upcoming series, then "Cruising California" doesn't really seem to be an appropriate series title: why isn't it being titled Cruising with Jane McDonald?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Alison

Hi Prl,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I was wondering why I could not find any information on this "new" show form SBS called 'Cruising California'! I have changed it to Series 3, episode 1 of 'Cruising With Jane McDonald'. I have also changed 'Cruising Down Under' to Series 4 and made them repeats.

Got to love SBS making things up as they go, it's happening far too often!

Regards,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team

raymondjpg

Quote from: Alison on February 01, 2020, 03:47:04 PMGot to love SBS making things up as they go, it's happening far too often!

I'm sorry to have to say it but whoever is responsible for programming English language productions on SBS gives all the impressions of being incompetent or illiterate. I sometimes wonder if they get things wrong deliberately, because English language productions are not sufficiently special for the network. The latest example I have run across was screening of the first episode of Tony Robinson's first series of Coast to Coast on 20 January 2020, following the original Wainwright route in the north of England, but then no further episodes subsequently, as if the program was shoved in as some filler, or more likely because it was screened in error in place of goodness knows what. In August/September 2019 SBS screened what they programmed as a series of Tony Robinson's Coast to Coast but which turned out to be "The Thames Britain's Great River With Tony Robinson". I think IceTV tried to correct the record on the latter with SBS, but to no avail.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Alison

Hi raymondjpg,

Yes, this is correct it was too far into the series to change but has been corrected the next airing. I do pick up and change a lot of series/episodes names errors, but if I can not confirm any information I have to go with the data given to me by SBS! They also often try to pass off shows that have aired on other networks or years ago as "New Shows". Some current examples are; New Girl, Last Man On Earth (from the start), Heston's Fantastical Foods...etc.

Regards,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team

prl

Thanks, Alison.

It probably didn't help that SBS's synopsis didn't have Jane McDonald's full name.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Hi, Alison. The change came through in time for it to record as Cruising With Jane MacDonald.

So, thanks again.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use