Forum Issues

Started by BazzaG, September 03, 2019, 04:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

When I create a new thread or post I prefer to Preview the post before I actually 'post it', however, alt+p does not work for me.

Oh, alt+s does work OK.

Another thing that doesn't work is the link in the email that says I've received a reply to thread/post I monitoring. I get the email OK, but when I click on the link it opens the tread at the FIRST post, not the reply.

Any chance that at least the alt+p problem can get fixed?

prl

The Preview function has been broken for a long time on the IceTV forum. That's why there's no on-screen Preview button (any more). The Preview button was there and non-functional for some time before it was removed.

I'm not the slightest bit surprised that Alt+p doesn't work for preview.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

BazzaG

Quote from: prl on September 03, 2019, 06:21:00 PM
The Preview function has been broken for a long time on the IceTV forum.

Well maybe it's time to get it working again.

Perhaps upgrading to v2.1 RC2 would fix the problem. In any event, Simple machines have a support forum for the IceTV webmaster can ask questions, etc.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

There was definitely an issue with the preview function, so a quick fix a while ago was just to remove the button for it.

This had to do with a number of things, but because of resources we are waiting for SMF to have a final 2.1 release then will upgrade our install which will fix a lot of issues.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

BazzaG

How do I add/insert a screen shot or pic to a post on this forum?

I tried using the "Insert Image" icon which adds "" control characters but I can't figure out how to then add/insert the "image" between the start & finish.

Or do I use the "Attachments" method?

TIA...

prl

The "img" markup is to display a URL reference to an image.

To upload an image and have it displayed, add the image as an attachment.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

BazzaG