Daylight saving firmware bug - patched firmware now available

Started by IanL-S, January 01, 2020, 09:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

All my Toppys have lost the daylight saving time adjusgmnet. Presumably it happened a midnight on 31 December 2019. Still to confirm this is what is happening. My timers are all out by an hour.

Will investigate tomorrow and report back

Update Definitely a bug in the firmware. All you need to do is to turn off auto mode, and change the offset from 10 to 11 hours.

Update 2 Patched firmware is available via the oztoppy forum" https://oztoppy.forumchitchat.com/post/happy-new-year-pvrs-now-running-an-hour-late-10391840?trail=30.

Update 3 An updated DST fix firmware was release on 15 Jan 2020. In some instances the orginal fix was transitory rather than permanent.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

IanL-S

With the changeover from daylight saving some Toppys have not adjusted properly. Powering off then powering up again seems to fix the problem.

I had it happen ona 7160 (ancient), and a 5300; possibly also on a ancient (2009 or 2010 vintage). No problem with my two 7100+.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help