Toppy 2400 Not Getting IceTV Timers

Started by Paul55, August 07, 2022, 08:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul55

My trusty old 2400 has suddenly stopped receiving IceTV timers - it's been happening for a week or so. It's getting the IceTV EPG and other functionality seems intact.
The IceTV website and app shows the timers as queued.
Any ideas?

MD

I'd suggest a factory reset and if that doesn't sort it out maybe NASA Electronics can fix it for you - https://www.nasaelectronics.com.au

Paul55

Thanks MD, that fixed it.
It's been many years since I've had to do the setup - needless to say, I remembered very little :)
I had tried a factory reset last week, but used stored data to recover. I'd done this successfully in the past, but needed to start from scratch this time.
All's well that ends well.

MD

Good news!  I'm always embarrassed asking for a reset as it sounds too much like Telstra but all PVRs periodically/inevitably need one, but the process is tedious via a remote control.

IanL-S

A full reset can fix a lot of issues with Toppys. Not that I have done so for a while. Unfortunately over time settings can become corrupted, or you can also have a firmware corruption. Thus retrieving settings is not a good idea.

When I have timer downloading issues, the first thing I do is a reset of services, then do a new service scan, tell IceTV to download all timers, then reactivate IceTV on the Toppy.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help