Main Menu

QI episode

Started by NBOSTI, November 30, 2019, 05:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NBOSTI

On Friday 29/11, QI -The Occult was listed to air on ABC at 9:30 pm, I have a series recording set for this (new episodes only). There was a time change  and I adjusted my recorder to suit.
The recording worked but not of QI. 45 minutes with padding and no sign of QI.
The IceTV My Week is showing this same episode scheduled for Friday 06/12. What gives?
ABC very rarely change schedules or time-slots.

MD

Hi,

There are two reasons for your issue, none of which are IceTV's error:

1) ABC dropped QI for two separate episodes of a Clive James Tribute and The boy from Kogarah.  We correctly updated our EPG data when we were advised by the ABC at about 5pm but they didn't update their own website so maybe you were looking at incorrect broadcast info.

2) You use an eyeTV which only logs onto IceTV for EPG updates once a day, in your caae at about 8am, so you EPG can easily miss late changes as it did on this occasion.  I'd advise updating it every evening at about 5:30-6pm via its preferences to pick up late changes which my Guide Team manage until late afternoon. 

It has been re-scheduled Friday 6 December.

vader1111

Why is it showing up at all, given that it's a repeat episode?

All series, up to and including P have been shown in Australia.  We're currently waiting on season Q, of which the first 8 episodes have been shown in the UK.

GaiO IceTV

Hi Vader1111,
From what I can see not all episodes of series 15 (O) were shown here, hence this episode 12 being marked as a new show.

Cheers Gai

prl

I'm not sure exactly what the broadcast status of the shows are, but IceTV is listing "Occult" tonight Fri 6 Dec and "Pubs" Wed 11 Dec as both being first run. The ABC online EPG doesn't mark either as being repeats.

The IceTV guide says that "Occult" is hosted by Stephen Fry, but the ABC online EPG says that it's hosted by Sandi Toksvig.

It seems odd that the ABC would be running two oldish series of QI, and that both would be "first run". The "O" series is from 2017/8 and the "P" series is from 2018/9.

I guess we'll see when we view the episodes.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

GaiO IceTV

Hi PRL
Both upcoming episodes of QI are marked new as neither appear to have been shown before even though both O and P series are from previous years.  Also both episodes are shown correctly in our guide as having Sandi Toksvig as the host not Stephen Fry.

Cheers
Gai

prl

Thanks for the clarification, Gai.

On the host, you're quite right. The synopsis has Sandi Toksvig as the host on both. I think my confusion comes from the fact that both also have Stephen Fry (and only him) in the credits line. So, for example:
Sandi Toksvig has a Christmas knees-up in the pub with Alan Davies, Cariad Lloyd, Josh Widdicombe and Noel Fielding. Pub-themed questions are the order of the day, with a sprinkling of festive cheer along the way.

Stephen Fry

Series, United Kingdom, English, Comedy, Season 17 Episode 9
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing